NBA Draft Combine | Page 10 | The Boneyard

NBA Draft Combine

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
At what?
I’m not sue bird but Edeys low post game is much more polished than Clingans.

Clingan is a WAY better pro prospect, and way more valued by the NBA, but admitting there are certain things that Edey does better than Clingan at THIS point in their careers is not an insult and UConn fans should not be afraid of acknowledging it. It is not an insult to Clingan. Edey was a heckuva college basketball player and back to back NPOY that speaks to his excellence.

Reaction Score

Clingan is a WAY better pro prospect, and way more valued by the NBA, but admitting there are certain things that Edey does better than Clingan at THIS point in their careers is not an insult and UConn fans should not be afraid of acknowledging it. It is not an insult to Clingan. Edey was a heckuva college basketball player and back to back NPOY that speaks to his excellence.

I was just trying to see if the troll would give a real answer. Yeah, Edey is definitely the better low-post player and just overall more polished. Clingan's perimeter footwork, passing, and (probably) overall defense are ahead of Edey's.

Reaction Score

Edey was also great for college basketball. He was a dominant player on flawed teams that made people root for them and against them. Seemed like a decent kid also. We talk about how much we love the college game and then we crap on great college players that kept others interested in the game.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score

For those worried about Stephon Castle's initial NBA Draft Combine measurements, past for him was 6'4.5" without shoes, 208 lbs, 6'9" wingspan and 8'6" standing reach

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Was just going to post this…I said this 2 years ago and got some strong pushback.

Anyone who saw his HS film and passing ability and didn’t think PG didn’t know what they were watching. Kid is an elite and effortless decision maker/playmaker.

He definitely had to sacrifice more than anyone on the team this year. Shoutout to him for having that kind of maturity as a top 10 one and done freshman and stepping up to his role. Special person and talent.

Reaction Score
Was just going to post this…I said this 2 years ago and got some strong pushback.

I mean... we knew that already, didn't we ? There were times when we had Newton, Diarra, and Castle on the floor at the same time. I'll see your two PG lineup, Coach Calhoun, and I'll raise you a THREE PG lineup!!!

Reaction Score
Another article from Borges at the combine.

"It's a hard-working culture," Castle added. "I feel like it speaks to the kind of team that we had last year to have our whole starting five here. We were a super-deep team. It's really a blessing to all of us to get the invite. We all work super-hard, and we all know how to win. If you're getting a guy from UConn, I'd say you're getting a pretty good player."

Alternate access:
Donovan Clingan won 63 games and 2 titles in 2 years at UConn. Here’s why the NBA will be different.

Reaction Score
In the time I watched Karaban missed a running layup got his own rebound and finished the layup, had a cut for a layup, 0-4 on threes, turned it over on a fastbreak, got a loose ball and made a nice pass for a dunk, another cut for a layup. Cam got in the lane and made a fadeaway, 0-2 from three, handled the ball a lot when he was in there got a few assists. Scheierman had a couple of airballs but he played a really good all around game...he drained some threes off the dribble and catch and showed all around guard skills. The draft guy said he was the best player on the floor and is getting first round buzz.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I mean... we knew that already, didn't we ? There were times when we had Newton, Diarra, and Castle on the floor at the same time. I'll see your two PG lineup, Coach Calhoun, and I'll raise you a THREE PG lineup!!!

Many people were saying he is NOT a natural PG and his NBA future was 2G.

I think we all know he can play PG, but my opinion all along was that’s his natural position.

He’s more a big PG than a 2 who can handle. That wasn’t always agreed upon here.

Reaction Score
I think Newton got bad advice from his agent. Karaban and a couple other guys that are fringe first round picks are playing, and Newton isn't even a lock to get drafted. I don't think that's going to go over well with teams.

Reaction Score
I think Newton got bad advice from his agent. Karaban and a couple other guys that are fringe first round picks are playing, and Newton isn't even a lock to get drafted. I don't think that's going to go over well with teams.
Agents aren't making these decisions in a vacuum. If his agent gave him that advice it's likely because at least one team suggested it and want him on a 2 way contract

Reaction Score
Official Castle measurements:
PLAYER POSHAND LENGTH (INCHES)HAND WIDTH
(INCHES)
HEIGHT W/O SHOESSTANDING REACHWEIGHT (LBS)WINGSPAN
Stephon CastleSG8.758.756' 5.50'' 8' 6.00''210.06' 9.00''
Anyone know what his vert was?

Reaction Score
Official Castle measurements:
PLAYER POSHAND LENGTH (INCHES)HAND WIDTH
(INCHES)
HEIGHT W/O SHOESSTANDING REACHWEIGHT (LBS)WINGSPAN
Stephon CastleSG8.758.756' 5.50'' 8' 6.00''210.06' 9.00''
I thought yesterday it was reported he was 6-4.5 w/o shoes? After it was erroneously reported he was 6-2.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefty92

Top Bottom