NBA Draft Combine | Page 8 | The Boneyard

NBA Draft Combine

Reaction Score
I know it'd severely hurt our 3peat chances, but watching all 5 starters get drafted would be so awesome I kinda need to see it.
I say this now, but I'd almost rather they all get drafted than the 3peat. Program is in fantastic shape regardless. Love to see these guys get some more personal recognition, and of course some pocket change. I still think Cam is a sleeper candidate for a long pro, roll player, career. There's just not alot of guys that can shoot it like him, even in the league.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Horrible to see but the Nikola Topic injury earlier today certainly helps Steph‘s draft stock.

Reaction Score
ya'll do realize AK still has team workouts and the combine scrimmages, correct? An empty gym heater helps but it's not deciding anything just yet
You can't underestimate the pressure on these guy to perform in these combine events. This isn't going to the gym and taking a few jumpers. This is high pressure shooting with eyes of dozens if not hundreds of scouts and execs watching everything. This is far from an empty gym experience. It may not be the final deciding factor, but a poor showing can cost a player millions. AK and others were impressive.

Reaction Score
I think it's about time that folks cut the hate Charlotte stuff
Bouknight could have gone to the Lakers, Celtics, Denver, Miami - wherever and he would have been the same immature kid as he was at UConn and Charlotte. A bad seed that will need time to repair all the crap he created either on his own or listening to bad people.
Kemba reached All Star status at Charlotte and to this day has never been overly critical on his tenure.
This current Charlotte is also much different from the Michael Jordan Charlotte Hornets.
I'm excited for whatever team any UConn player lands at - it's up to the player to be determined to excel - it's now a job, not a college adventure.
You say Tomaaato I say Tomahhto....I say Charlotte no thanks, Bouknight not the issue. Call it PTSD...Kemba's & Emeka's best years wasted in Charlotte.

Last edited:

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
You say Tomaaato I say Tomahhto....I say Charlotte no thanks, Bouknight not the issue. Call it PTSD...Kemba's & Omeka's best years wasted in Charlotte.
@HooperScooper

Warning Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Wow- lots of UConn at the top of the leaderboard. Also, doesn’t bode well for Karaban returning lol

Doesn’t bode well for Castle haters either. He might be the first non-big taken.

I knew the form was there, and his release is getting smoother and smoother.

Organizations are going to LOVE him.

Reaction Score
I know it'd severely hurt our 3peat chances, but watching all 5 starters get drafted would be so awesome I kinda need to see it.
The crazy thing about next year is that if we don’t three-peat, we’ll likely return the entire core of Stewart, Solo, Ross, Mahaney, McNeeley, Nowell, Abraham, and Reed Jr. So either we three-peat and lose at least 3 more guys to the NBA, or the 2025-2026 Huskies will be nearly invincible and we’ll win 3 titles in 4 years.

Reaction Score
Actually pretty good wingspan of 6'11" Better than Flipowski who over 4 inches taller than him. Also, the same wingspan as Oso Ighodaro. No wonder Karaban could play and block some centers in the big east.
Yeah taking in all the measurements, his wingspan is longer than similar archetype players Baylor Scheierman, Payton Sandfort, Johnny Furphy, Matas Buzelis, and the same as Bobi Klintman.

Reaction Score
Yeah taking in all the measurements, his wingspan is longer than similar archetype players Baylor Scheierman, Payton Sandfort, Johnny Furphy, Matas Buzelis, and the same as Bobi Klintman.
Karaban is nothing like Buzelis though, he's not really anything like Scheierman either.

Reaction Score
Karaban is nothing like Buzelis though, he's not really anything like Scheierman either.
Their NBA roles will be similar. Scheierman isn't playing point guard on an NBA team. He'll be a tertiary creator at best. Buzelis isn't particularly good at the things he does that Karaban doesn't, and I expect most of that will drop out of his game. They will all mostly be spacing big wings/stretch 4s with occasional playmaking.

Reaction Score
Their NBA roles will be similar. Scheierman isn't playing point guard on an NBA team. He'll be a tertiary creator at best. Buzelis isn't particularly good at the things he does that Karaban doesn't, and I expect most of that will drop out of his game. They will all mostly be spacing big wings/stretch 4s with occasional playmaking.
Of course Scheierman isn't playing point guard but it doesn't mean he'll play like Karaban. Buzelis plays nothing like AK and has a lot more upside than him.

Reaction Score
Of course Scheierman isn't playing point guard but it doesn't mean he'll play like Karaban. Buzelis plays nothing like AK and has a lot more upside than him.
How exactly do you think Scheierman is going to play differently than Karaban in the NBA when he's a lower option for his NBA team than he has been in college and playing mostly off the ball? He's not going to be running pick and rolls. He'll run off screens (like Karaban does). He'll set screens (like Karaban does). He'll pop (like Karaban does). He'll cut (like Karaban does). He'll attack closeouts (like Karaban does).

We won't know who is right on Buzelis for a few years.

Reaction Score
How exactly do you think Scheierman is going to play differently than Karaban in the NBA when he's a lower option for his NBA team than he has been in college and playing mostly off the ball? He's not going to be running pick and rolls. He'll run off screens (like Karaban does). He'll set screens (like Karaban does). He'll pop (like Karaban does). He'll cut (like Karaban does). He'll attack closeouts (like Karaban does).

We won't know who is right on Buzelis for a few years.
I don't expect Scheierman to make the NBA. He doesn't play anything like Karaban, Buzelis is an even worse comparison.

Reaction Score
I don't expect Scheierman to make the NBA. He doesn't play anything like Karaban, Buzelis is an even worse comparison.
fox tv GIF by My Kitchen Rules on FOX

Scheierman is mocked in the same range as Karaban. He's actually a few spots ahead in the consensus big board on Rookie Scale, but Vecenie has Karaban a few spots higher.

If he makes the NBA, he will play similar to how Karaban will play in the NBA. And so they are fighting for the same jobs.

Reaction Score
fox tv GIF by My Kitchen Rules on FOX

Scheierman is mocked in the same range as Karaban. He's actually a few spots ahead in the consensus big board on Rookie Scale, but Vecenie has Karaban a few spots higher.

If he makes the NBA, he will play similar to how Karaban will play in the NBA. And so they are fighting for the same jobs.
I disagree with you. I don't think Scheierman or Buzelis play anything like Karaban or will be used like Karaban wherever they play. I don't expect Scheierman to make it in the NBA and I expect it to be a battle for AK to make it. I think Buzelis will make it and be a very good player. His skills and athleticism are totally different than AK's, using him like AK would be a waste of his skills and athleticism.

Reaction Score
Dave Borges reporting from Chicago. Spoke to Castle's parents. Good job by him to be out there.

"He put in a lot of work," said Stacey, bedecked in a red UConn sweatshirt and hat, after vigilantly recording each of Stephon's drills with his phone. "It's what I expected from him, but I'm super happy that he was able to perform great."

Added Quannette: "Hard work, preparation, great coaching, great teammates, and here he is. I'm excited for him. He's excited, and that's what makes me happy."

Alternate access:

UConn's Alex Karaban NBA Combine's star shooter, but Stephon Castle may have been biggest surprise

Reaction Score
The crazy thing about next year is that if we don’t three-peat, we’ll likely return the entire core of Stewart, Solo, Ross, Mahaney, McNeeley, Nowell, Abraham, and Reed Jr. So either we three-peat and lose at least 3 more guys to the NBA, or the 2025-2026 Huskies will be nearly invincible and we’ll win 3 titles in 4 years.
How about they three-peat, all return, then make it 4-in-a-row!?!?

Yeah, I'm a greedy bastard, aren't I? :)

Reaction Score
Comparing him to McConnell isn't a good choice. It's like comparing Steph to CP3, totally different game. It's kind of a knock on McConnell too who is an excellent pro distributor and defender for his size.
Yeah I guess Tyler Herro would be a better comp. Both Kentucky guys who can hit the 3 and have some athletic talent. Hero is taller though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom