NBA Draft Combine | Page 6 | The Boneyard

NBA Draft Combine

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
He still isn't that good. His big measurables are his height and his ability to create off the dribble. I don't know the love affair with this guy but to me he isn't that good. So since Clingan is getting slammed on all measurables besides height he should not be worth a high draft pick? It is my opinion but from I have seen and the way he plays he isn't a top 5 pick. This is a forum and we are entitled to our own opinion. Why do people care about a Kentucky BB player? Yuck! His ceiling is McConnell PG on Pacers. A good solid backup guard.

No question man, opine away. I’m having a real tough time seeing logic in a lot of your takes, but no one’s stopping you.

I’d say the evidence is pretty strong Sheppard is a good prospect. He’s a great athlete, high iq, good passer and excellent shooter. He’s also a PG.

Reaction Score
No question man, opine away. I’m having a real tough time seeing logic in a lot of your takes, but no one’s stopping you.

I’d say the evidence is pretty strong Sheppard is a good prospect. He’s a great athlete, high iq, good passer and excellent shooter. He’s also a PG.
Without great creativity and not a super handle. I see his ceiling as McConnell from Indiana. A solid guard but not elite level that a top 5 pick warrants. He is more of a SG who will have to learn to play PG. In the games I saw he played off the ball.

Reaction Score
With not great creativity and not a super handle. I see his ceiling as McConnell from Indiana. A solid guard but not elite level that a top 5 pick warrants. He is more of a SG who will have to learn to play PG. In the games I saw he played off the ball.
He’s creative, athletic and a great shooter. His size/strength/driving ability are the weaknesses.

Reaction Score
He’s creative, athletic and a great shooter. His size/strength/driving ability are the weaknesses.
To me creativity is being able to drive. Nothing wrong being a McConnel type. Of course he will have to get stronger to be like that. He is so small. I could see if he had Allen Iverson skills but I just don't see that from him. Maybe he will surprise but I think top 5 is a stretch for him or maybe this draft is just as weak as people are saying.

Reaction Score
To me creativity is being able to drive. Nothing wrong being a McConnel type. Of course he will have to get stronger to be like that. He is so small. I could see if he had Allen Iverson skills but I just don't see that from him. Maybe he will surprise but I think top 5 is a stretch for him or maybe this draft is just as weak as people are saying.
He has a creative shot package and PnR game. I think you’re bending yourself a bit too much to find ways to downplay him. I think Steph is and will be a better overall player, but Sheppard was impressive in the season and his testing looks pretty good.

Reaction Score
He has a creative shot package and PnR game. I think you’re bending yourself a bit too much to find ways to downplay him. I think Steph is and will be a better overall player, but Sheppard was impressive in the season and his testing looks pretty good.
Yeah anyone comparing to Steph is funny.

Reaction Score
Another reason he may surprise and go higher. I didn't see his vertical or speed numbers, but this shooting on top of his defense and playmaking is lethal.
Have they updated his height/weight numbers yet?

Edit: looks like the took down all the info...

Last edited:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Without great creativity and not a super handle. I see his ceiling as McConnell from Indiana. A solid guard but not elite level that a top 5 pick warrants. He is more of a SG who will have to learn to play PG. In the games I saw he played off the ball.

Saying he’s not top 5 is 1 thing, he may not go top 5.

But comparing him to a career backup who just got famous 2 days ago after being in the league for 10 years seems off. He is a clean cut white kid with brown hair, otherwise they have very little in common.

But again, this is a forum for discussion so I’m not mad, I just think you’re very wrong.

Reaction Score
But but but…I thought he was a horrible shooter that needed to come back to work on it another year?
All these guys can shoot the hell out of it in drills. Let's wait and see if he comes back or not. I would love to see him get drafted first round and he's gotta go if that's going to happen. I just don't want to see him get drafted second round and get stuck in the G league.

caw

Reaction Score
42 inch max vert.

Not much of an athlete though, lolz.

Looking at the standing reach he had you have to wonder if he didn’t exactly stretch out for that to get a higher vert.

Reaction Score
Saying he’s not top 5 is 1 thing, he may not go top 5.

But comparing him to a career backup who just got famous 2 days ago after being in the league for 10 years seems off. He is a clean cut white kid with brown hair, otherwise they have very little in common.

But again, this is a forum for discussion so I’m not mad, I just think you’re very wrong.
That is how I see him as a Backup guard due to his size and lack of ability to create for others. I'm not wrong yet. We will find out in 3-5 years. He could become a huge bust or a decent starting guard but saying he is a sure thing player is silly. He definitely won't be the next Steph Curry like someone compared him to on here when talking about smallish guards. That is just silly talk. He isn't a UConn guy so I don't care if he fails or not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rawdawg35

Top Bottom