NBA Draft Combine | Page 4 | The Boneyard

NBA Draft Combine

Reaction Score
Actually better than I thought it would be. He's bigger than Dillingham.
But still small for an NBA guard and lack of wingspan is going to hurt on playing defense.

Reaction Score
OK...so how can Edey be 2" taller and have a 4" greater wingspan than Donovan but yet have the same Standing Reach? Posture differences?
2024-05-13 12_18_23-Draft Combine Anthrometric _ Stats _ NBA.com.jpg

Reaction Score

Now these are some good measurements for Cody William from Colorado.

Harrison Ingram even more impressive from North Carolina.

Reaction Score
OK...so how can Edey be 2" taller and have a 4" greater wingspan than Donovan but yet have the same Standing Reach? Posture differences?
View attachment 100693
Standing reach is the most finnicky. Could be that Clingan stretched to the max and Edey gave a half effort. Could be that Edey is trying to boost his vertical which subtracts the standing reach as part of the measurement.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
A few more measurement highlights.

Bronny is 6’1.5(listed at 6’4 for the last 3 years).

Length may actually hurt Flipowski? Height 6’10.75 > Wingspan 6’10.5. Never paid attention to arm length but it makes sense why teams scored in the paint against Duke.

Sears is 5’10.

caw

Reaction Score
Standing reach is the most finnicky. Could be that Clingan stretched to the max and Edey gave a half effort. Could be that Edey is trying to boost his vertical which subtracts the standing reach as part of the measurement.
Could also be Edey has broader shoulders to get a bigger wingspan, which does actually appear somewhat possible.

Reaction Score
View attachment 100693

Standing reach is maybe more important that either tbh.

Clingan has really high shoulder blades compared to Edey. That and flexibility is the difference would be my guess

Reaction Score
Clingan's measurables are really similar to Rudy Gobert's in terms of height/length- same standing reach, Clingan is taller, Gobert has a longer wingspan. Clingan is 45 lbs heavier than him.

The only guys bigger than Clingan in the NBA are Edey and Boban if he's still in the league. Wembanyama is taller and longer than Clingan and probably even taller and longer than Edey but he weighs 73 lbs less than Clingan.

Reaction Score
Standing reach is maybe more important that either tbh.

Clingan has really high shoulder blades compared to Edey. That and flexibility is the difference would be my guess
I've always considered standing reach to be the most important measureable for big men/rim protectors.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Thrilled Charlotte dropped to 6....DC safe from them at least, Castle needs to pray picked in top 5

DC to Hawks at #1 works for me
I think it's about time that folks cut the hate Charlotte stuff
Bouknight could have gone to the Lakers, Celtics, Denver, Miami - wherever and he would have been the same immature kid as he was at UConn and Charlotte. A bad seed that will need time to repair all the crap he created either on his own or listening to bad people.
Kemba reached All Star status at Charlotte and to this day has never been overly critical on his tenure.
This current Charlotte is also much different from the Michael Jordan Charlotte Hornets.
I'm excited for whatever team any UConn player lands at - it's up to the player to be determined to excel - it's now a job, not a college adventure.

Reaction Score
Yes, but i think both of our guys can handle it.

DC at 1 is a real possibility. They may like Sarr better, but they have to be looking closely.

Crazy as it may sound, i think Steph at 1 is possible too.
I do not want to see Steph at #1. Way too much pressure on him then to score more when he's on the court. I'd rather he had a year or two mirroring what he did for us -- playing top level D and being a non dominant shooter/scorer. His time for that will come, but it's not now.

Reaction Score
Yes and no.

Edey put up 20 in the first 30 minutes and 17 in in the last 10. Those 17 were basically meaningless and mostly against Karaban and UConn didn't even really double a ton then because Purdue couldn't stop UConn at all on offense and UConn already had a nice 10 point cushion in the last ten minutes. That is the yes portion.

The no is, Edey is also really good for a college player three years older than DC and is super strong with a decent set of (robotic) moves. The game plan was to have DC go 1-on-1 but Edey still did his best in that situation and really played well. DC stopped Edey just enough and Purdue really couldn't handle UConn's guards or wings at all. There are a lot of bigs who couldn't do anything against DC in a one-on-one. UConn was willing to give up a big game to Edey but Edey did still have one. That can't be a knock on Edey, just on Purdue, the role players for them and their coaching staff.
There is no reason to be knocking Purdue at all -- they were one of the top three teams in the nation all year long and went to the national championship game. Saying they weren't good enough to play with us this year is hardly a knock.

Reaction Score
Not sure why I thought his height was exaggerated a bit. Crazy how agile he is for his size.
Clingan's size is freakish but he's not at the freakish level of Manute, Muresan, Shawn Bradley, Boban, Tacko where they looked like they had genetic conditions and had trouble moving or a slight breeze could knock them over.

The three largest men I've ever seen play basketball who were proportional are Mark Eaton, Yao, and Edey. Eaton is still my #1 giant, he looked like Paul Bunyan playing basketball.

Wembanyama is like nothing we've ever seen in terms of height/length/movement/skill. I still worry about his plastic man frame holding up though.

Clingan is at that perfect size where he's bigger than everyone else but he looks totally normal otherwise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom