NBA Approves Advertising on Jerseys | The Boneyard

NBA Approves Advertising on Jerseys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

Wonder if we see this make its way into the college game eventually? I know European teams do this but I'm not a fan of this at all. All about the $$ though

Reaction Score
Gary Parrish has an article advocating for allowing college athletes to get endorsement deals, but I have a hard time imagining that the NCAA would ever go so far as to okay putting ads on the jerseys.

Reaction Score
Can't wait to get my UConn basketball jersey with a Moe's logo on the chest :cool:

Reaction Score
I've always liked the way a lot of euro soccer jerseys look with ads on them, but I think it is inevitable that there are some odd choices. I hope we see Drake pay to put a new album's cover on the Raptor's jerseys and I assume Steph Curry will buy out the Warriors jerseys to put his daughter's face all over them.

You guys know he has a daughter right? and I hear she's cute, and has a propensity to saying just the darndest of things

Reaction Score
Just as long as it doesn't get like the WNBA's unis. Half the teams' names might as well be their corporate sponsor.

Morgan Tuck apparently just got signed by Frontier Communications. Glad they took the time to find someplace to fit that little CT Sun patch on.

Ridiculous.

12805875_10154071283769280_8371942902029558282_n.jpg

Reaction Score
Better than the Cookout jerseys Kentucky will be sporting.

Cookout is the best drunk food, period. I wish UConn would have cookout on their jerseys, then I'd pay the ridiculous price Nike charges.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Only reason people like ads on football jerseys is because they can't remember a time when they didn't have the ads on them. Also they equate their love for their team/sport to the quality of the jersey, which provides an inherent bias, you don't really know if you like ads on those jerseys or not.

Reaction Score
Just as long as it doesn't get like the WNBA's unis. Half the teams' names might as well be their corporate sponsor.

Morgan Tuck apparently just got signed by Frontier Communications. Glad they took the time to find someplace to fit that little CT Sun patch on.

Ridiculous.

12805875_10154071283769280_8371942902029558282_n.jpg

That looks like a European soccer jersey. The NBA ads are going to be barely noticeable 2.5 inch squares.

Reaction Score
It looks ridiculous honestly and I hope US sports don't ever do this. Man U is getting $80m a year from Chevy for 7 years to have them in front. I'm sure Emirates pays something similar for being on Barca's jerseys.

I see the financial appeal, but maybe we have more tradition here. Can you imagine a Red Sox or Celtics jersey with a huge "Fidelity" across that or Yankees with "Jet Blue."

Only reason people like ads on football jerseys is because they can't remember a time when they didn't have the ads on them. Also they equate their love for their team/sport to the quality of the jersey, which provides an inherent bias, you don't really know if you like ads on those jerseys or not.

Reaction Score
I've always liked the way a lot of euro soccer jerseys look with ads on them, but I think it is inevitable that there are some odd choices. I hope we see Drake pay to put a new album's cover on the Raptor's jerseys and I assume Steph Curry will buy out the Warriors jerseys to put his daughter's face all over them.

You guys know he has a daughter right? and I hear she's cute, and has a propensity to saying just the darndest of things
Have you seen Finnish hockey jerseys?!

Reaction Score
That's usually how these things start

Well, I guess we all need to be vigilant. Listen, when the ladder the team climbs to cut down the nets sponsors the net-cutting and the pre-game coin toss is sponsored, I don't get the handwringing about this.

Reaction Score
I can't stand it anymore. Adam Silver said they are doing this because they need to generate more revenue. Really? All this money grubbing and the BS some of these players do. Making me hate sports. And believe me once upon a time there was no bigger sports fan than me. I mean how much money do these guys have to make?

Reaction Score
I wonder if they will all look like bass fisherman soon with the patches all over everything.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Well, I guess we all need to be vigilant. Listen, when the ladder the team climbs to cut down the nets sponsors the net-cutting and the pre-game coin toss is sponsored, I don't get the handwringing about this.

I'd take issue with them making changes that noticeably affect the aesthetic and traditional look of the NBA jersey. I think that's a huge leap from sponsorship of the booth reviews.

I think watching an NBA game with corporate logos on the jerseys comes off as very tacky and lame.

Maybe that's just me. I usually don't have issues with 'change' overall but I'd hate this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom