Napier vs Kilpatrick | The Boneyard

Napier vs Kilpatrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Tonight its a head to head of the two leading candidates for AAC player of the year, at the moment.
Kilpatrick is averaging 19.4 pts / 4.2 rebounds / 2.3 assists, and Napier is averaging 17.9 pts / 6 rebounds / 5.7 assists. The #s lean towards Napier, but I bet Kilpatrick would get a good portion of the votes if the season were to end today due to Cincy being undefeated in the AAC.

Napier wasn't able to play at Cincy last season to foot injury, but won the home game in OT.

So, if UConn wins tonight's game, its another step in the right direction for grabbing a decent seed in the NCAA, and it also helps Bazz's cause for AAC player of the year.

Reaction Score
Cronin said if the voting were today Kilpatrick would get the POY and Jackson DPOY….he's probably right too.

Let's see what Bazz has up his sleeve….crowd will be amped, Kilpatrick will be amped as well as the physical inside of UC - sounds like a blast to me!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
So your saying although May people consider Napier nat player of the year candidate, Kirkpatrick would win the AAC award over him? It's Napier hands down regardless of how this game ends up

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
So your saying although May people consider Napier nat player of the year candidate, Kirkpatrick would win the AAC award over him? It's Napier hands down regardless of how this game ends up

Basically in the realm of the AAC, the #1 team with (an undefeated record to date) would sway the votes for Kirkpatrick, even though on that national scene it would be different. Remember how Kemba Walker didn't get Big East player of the year (went to ND's Hansbrough).

Reaction Score
Bazz is the better player but if voting happened today Kilpatrick would win POY. Hopefully SN puts on a show tonight on ESPN tonight and people realize that the two are not in the same league.

Reaction Score
Just another player for Bazz to put his foot on their neck. It started in Maui with uk's lamb and never seems to end.

Nobody beats the Bazz!

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Cronin said if the voting were today Kilpatrick would get the POY and Jackson DPOY….he's probably right too.

Wasn't it Cronin who left Kemba off the 1st team in 2011, thus making him one shy of a unanimous vote?

Guy hated Calhoun.

Reaction Score
Wasn't it Cronin who left Kemba off the 1st team in 2011, thus making him one shy of a unanimous vote?

Guy hated Calhoun.
Calhoun did grab Kemba from Cincy when B Jennings decided to go overseas....Kemba made the correct choice though.:cool:

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score

Guy hated Calhoun.
Calhoun sure thought it was, but Cronin denied it, if I remember

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Cronin always had a good relationship with Kemba, even after he came here. I would be surprised if he was the one that left him off.

Reaction Score

Guy hated Calhoun.
he seems like he'd be a very SMALL and petty man

Reaction Score
3 POY candidates from that mid major conference :p

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
He didn't just deny it, he was pretty adamant about it.

My fault, I never really saw the follow up.

I wonder who it was, but I digress.

I still think Napier gets the nod, but Kilpatrick is leading the undefeated team.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Mick Cronin was the first coach from a high major program to identify Walker as a player. I recall hearing his name when he wasn't in the Rivals top 150, so I didn't think much of him when UC signed Cashmere Wright (who was ranked around #70ish). Then the kid blew up into a top 25 recruit and UConn snagged him.

I think Calhoun thought it was Mick because our lame beatwriter wrote a story about how UC almost got Walker the week we played you guys (I remember it was the last week of the season). Needless to say he killed us in that game and also in the NCAA tournament game.

Too make matters worse, a few years later, Cincinnati was the bridesmaid in the recruitment of Trey Burke. A lot of daggers to the hearts of Bearcat fans in recruiting...

Reaction Score
I think we can let the Kemba snub go. Its over and done. As for Cronin he coached a good game last night, recognizing our weaknesses (late game) and getting his team to perservere.

Reaction Score
Hansbrough, Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc