Napier Getting Some Love - UNGUARDABLE | The Boneyard

Napier Getting Some Love - UNGUARDABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Marcus Smart shot 40% from the field and 29% from three last season. I'm not sure where he gets the "unguardable" tag from, but he's not a better offensive player than Napier.

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
Arent bleacher reports written by random fans?

You would be wrong. The article was well reasoned chalk full of statistics and written by C.J. Moore.

"C.J. Moore is the College Basketball National Lead Writer at Bleacher Report. His work has appeared in the Kansas City Star, the Denver Post, Basketball Prospectus, MLB.com and NBCSports.com. He also writes regularly at his blog, NeedISayMoore.com. He was formerly a blogger at CBSSports.com where he covered the Big 12 and Kansas City Chiefs. You can follow him on twitter @cjmoore4."

Read it next time before posting.

Reaction Score
You would be wrong. The article was well reasoned chalk full of statistics and written by C.J. Moore.

"C.J. Moore is the College Basketball National Lead Writer at Bleacher Report. His work has appeared in the Kansas City Star, the Denver Post, Basketball Prospectus, MLB.com and NBCSports.com. He also writes regularly at his blog, NeedISayMoore.com. He was formerly a blogger at CBSSports.com where he covered the Big 12 and Kansas City Chiefs. You can follow him on twitter @cjmoore4."

Aren't bleacher reports written by fans as well? Thought thad novak wrote this? Where did you get cj moore?

Reaction Score

maybe u should read the article ...this was written by thad novak
"I'm an ex-academic scientist who's having a lot more fun trying to make a career out of sportswriting. I grew up in New Jersey, but I'm a Chicago fan first and foremost (Cubs, Bulls and Bears) because my dad grew up on the North Side." Lol a fan, ex teacher.

Dmike

Reaction Score
Agreed - Thad Novak (featured columnist) - not fan wrote the article. I was reading another article and got them mixed up apparently. Still ... its a good article and Thad Novak gave some more love to Napier calling him one of the most well rounded stars in college basketball in this article. Even ranked him higher than Aaron Craft! - this should show him as more educated than 95% of writers.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1815696-the-most-well-rounded-stars-in-college-basketball

Plus, Mr. Novak's published over a 1,000 articles with 5.5 million hits from fans. These are good articles and I've read a couple of other good ones from him in the past.

Reaction Score
Howard Beck and Rick Bucher, among others, are writing for Bleacher Report these days.

Reaction Score
Marcus Smart shot 40% from the field and 29% from three last season. I'm not sure where he gets the "unguardable" tag from, but he's not a better offensive player than Napier.

I think he gets the "unguardable" tag by virtue of being a 6-4, 220 pound point guard who can physically dominate whoever's guarding him. Sure, Napier is a better shooter, but this kid has his virtues too.

Reaction Score
Howard Beck and Rick Bucher, among others, are writing for Bleacher Report these days.

Mike Freeman left from CBSSports's NFL coverage as well, they're investing alot of mney into their sports content, they still have a ways to go though.

Reaction Score
Arent bleacher reports written by random fans?

Yes, that's the whole point of the site.

They might have a handful of "real" writers, but it's essentially just a place where anyone can start their own sports blog. The fact that they get hits doesn't lend it more credibility.

Reaction Score
Do you really not understand why someone might put Smart ahead of Napier on a list like this?

Wait, when did I say that? I'm just stating a fact. And Napier isn't just a better shooter. Statistically he's a better passer as well.

Reaction Score

They might have a handful of "real" writers, but it's essentially just a place where anyone can start their own sports blog. The fact that they get hits doesn't lend it more credibility.
I should put up an article and have napier and boat as the first and second best guards in the nation. Then fans from ohio state,osu, and louisville can start linking my article and getting mad.

U

UCONNfan1

That's pretty impressive as I never really thought of Napier as unguardable. I always thought he was a terrific player and PG but not that he was unguardable. Good for him!

Reaction Score
I should put up an article and have napier and boat as the first and second best guards in the nation. Then fans from ohio state,osu, and louisville can start linking my article and getting mad.

You should put Kromah in there at #3 and have that random guy who visited this board from DC write a piece about how he is going to average 17 ppg and is a better player than Oladipo.

Dmike

Reaction Score

Bleacher Report has a UConn basketball page
http://bleacherreport.com/uconn-basketball

The content is lacking, but has some interesting pieces. I think they have interesting content on College hoops in general and put together articles in a list type format that I find engaging. They also repost UConn content off of other sites. Its worth checking out every few days.

Reaction Score
I think he gets the "unguardable" tag by virtue of being a 6-4, 220 pound point guard who can physically dominate whoever's guarding him. Sure, Napier is a better shooter, but this kid has his virtues too.

Smart is a superior physical specimen and far better NBA prospect, no doubt. But I don't think he is unguardable until he develops a respectable jump shot, kind of like how nobody around the NBA considers Rajon Rondo unguardable. If this list is a projection - which it seems like it is - then I understand. It wouldn't surprise me if Smart were a better offensive player than Napier next season, but Napier was harder to guard last season as the stats bare out.

Reaction Score
I don't know how everyone doesn't see that UConn has the 12 best players in the country. I mean, it is obvious! How date anyone think that other players could even be close to as good as our guys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom