Napheesa Collier wins everything | The Boneyard

Napheesa Collier wins everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
She wins just about every high school game and class 4A title, and she also dominates AAU ball.

A week ago her Missouri Phenom--now re-named Missouri Phenom TA Naphessa--won the PBR Super 64 Nationals in Texas. This past weekend she lead her St. Louis BlueStar team to a 9-0 record and the title in the Junior Showtime Division at the 'Battle of the Boro'.

Here's a team photo:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BscXyTQCMAI8Rt9.jpg:large

To watch the title game go to the following link. She's 24 in white, styling the pink shoes and headband.

http://www.highschoolcube.com/event/essence-vs-bluestar-battle-in-the-boro-girls-baske-357549

At this point I'm not sure she isn't the best player in her class. She personally outscored the other team in the first half. Her final line which could've been better had it been needed:

31 points (12-14 FG, 1-1 3-pt, 6-6 FT), 11 Reb, 3 Stls, 2 Blks

Collier has great hands, great feet, great instincts and basketball acumen, and does everything well. She plays in the flow of the game and makes it look easy.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I mentioned above that Collier's Missouri Phenom won the Super 64 Nationals. Here's Blue Star's take from the event:

A versatile athletic big is always a commodity and 6-2 Napheesa Collier, who hails from O'Fallon, Missouri ,think it’s a safe bet that she will fit in nicely at UCONN. The 2015 Collier has a long athletic college body. She rebounds the ball at highest point, runs the floor and finishes well in the paint. Collier has a nice midrange shot that extends out beyond the arc to go along with a low post and face up game. She dominated at both ends of the court from start to finish. Looking forward to seeing how well her game translates and evolves at the next level.

http://www.bluestarmedia.org/index.php/component/k2/item/912-texas-two-step

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
UConn 2015 recruits.jpg

Napheesa Collier (far right) starts her USA Women's Basketball U-18 tournament run from July 25-August 10. (Katie Lou and De'Janae already won their gold..!!)

The first three games are August 6, 7 & 8 against Mexico, El Salvador and Canada. Medal games are August 9 & 10. The whole tournament is in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
I believe A'ja Wilson (SC) and Brianna Turner (ND) are on the team.
Go Napheesa..!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wrap her up in a carpet until she graduates from high school and then deliver her safely to Storrs!

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Talented?You can bet all three coming in from this class are very talented.In my opinion,though,the best thing about the three girls who gave a commit to Connecticut,is their thirst to learn and get better.
I,personally,have been spoiled watching Breanna.Yet,here are three more coming in next year who could be as good or,at least,almost as good as Stewart.
What a gold mine Connecticut keeps mining.
In my old age,every day I get to see the talent and attitude of Connecticut women's basketball,is such a great day!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Napheesa put up 20 shots and missed 2. We'll have to get Kaleena to help her. :)

She's following in the footsteps of that other player from Jefferson City--the one who scored 32 in a win today, the one who leads the WNBA, the one in the Jeter Jordan Brand commercial, the one nominated for ESPYs.

NC clearly has the right initials.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Napheesa put up 20 shots and missed 2. We'll have to get Kaleena to help her. :)

In the two AAU games of hers I've seen, both of which I've linked here, she's 23-27 from the field, a mere 85%. If she hadn't missed an uncontested layup she'd be at 88%.

Also of note, one slight weakness I had spotted while watching her before was her FT shooting. She only shot around 67% at Incarnate Word this year, and she had a quirk in her technique where she kind of hunched over and put her shooting elbow up against the side of her body. Well, that was gone in the 'Boro' title game above. She looked so much smoother and had no trouble canning all 6 of her attempts.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In the two AAU games of hers I've seen, both of which I've linked here, she's 23-27 from the field, a mere 85%. If she hadn't missed an uncontested layup she'd be at 88%.

Also of note, one slight weakness I had spotted while watching her before was her FT shooting. She only shot around 67% at Incarnate Word this year, and she had a quirk in her technique where she kind of hunched over and put her shooting elbow up against the side of her body. Well, that was gone in the 'Boro' title game above. She looked so much smoother and had no trouble canning all 6 of her attempts.
Like Maya, Napheesa continues to work and improve. :)

Reaction Score
I think she will be terrific....perhaps the pick of the litter for that incoming group. (Think I read a rumor around signing time that she was our top choice out of the whole class?)

Reaction Score
PS: and I mean terrific on and off the court -- classroom et al.

Reaction Score

Very unusual foul shot, no dribbling, just grabbed the ball, took it to the line and bingo 6/6!

Reaction Score

Insane numbers. Do you know how much of her scoring is in the paint?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Insane numbers. Do you know how much of her scoring is in the paint?

In those two games, most of it. She took and hit one three and hit another shot where her foot must've touched the line. She hit a couple of baseline jumpers and missed a jumper from the elbow. She's terrific from 15 feet and in; great hands, and she's also adept at using the glass to make shots.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score

A week ago her Missouri Phenom--now re-named Missouri Phenom TA Naphessa--won the PBR Super 64 Nationals in Texas. This past weekend she lead her St. Louis BlueStar team to a 9-0 record and the title in the Junior Showtime Division at the 'Battle of the Boro'.

To watch the title game go to the following link. She's 24 in white, styling the pink shoes and headband.

http://www.highschoolcube.com/event/essence-vs-bluestar-battle-in-the-boro-girls-baske-357549

Collier has great hands, great feet, great instincts and basketball acumen, and does everything well. She plays in the flow of the game and makes it look easy.

Finally got around to watching some of this. As an additional bonus to all the good things Sluconn noted, I observed Napheesa do something well that's rarely seen in basketball these days -- she sets LEGAL screens almost every time! And usually effective ones, to boot.

Wow. Where's my shades? ;^)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99