Statistical per/game averages for the four U19 games played:

Minutes---points---FG%---rebounds---assists---steals---turnovers
crbjKqTPQkG69qGnL6Onxg.jpg

18-----------6.5------47%-----2.0----------2.2------2.0------0

minutes---points----FG%-----rebound---assist------steals--- t/o
22.0--------10.8-----52.8-------9.0----------2.0--------2.2-----0.5
wIrsCFidPU-Qfc8ggIxp6Q.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MY FAVORITE TOURNAMENT STAT---Crystal Dangerfield with 0 turnovers in 72 minutes of play !

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Two players who could end up on the "Wall of Honor".

Collier and Gabby on the floor together could be very interesting.

#4 will be a great replacement for #4
Let's see ...

#31 played 8 years, scored about 4,000 points, grabbed over 2,000 rebounds, controlled the paint, and was an AA 4 times.

#23 played 8 years, scored over 5,000 points, including 700 treys, and was an AA 6 times.

#4 will have played 8 years, dazzled fans and opponents with speed, shooting, and defense, and won multiple Liebermans.

I LOVE the continuity!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I see that on the international stat sheets- what exactly goes into that calculation?

I'm not sure. I found this default FIBA formula on line but I've not been able to confirm this is what's being used for the U19s:

(points + assists + blocks + steals + fouls on + rebounds) – (turnovers + blocks received + fouls + tech fouls + (2PA - 2PM) + (3PA - 3PM))

Reaction Score
I'm not sure. I found this default FIBA formula on line but I've not been able to confirm this is what's being used for the U19s:

(points + assists + blocks + steals + fouls on + rebounds) – (turnovers + blocks received + fouls + tech fouls + (2PA - 2PM) + (3PA - 3PM))

Holy Mackerel- I've got a better chance understanding the Fermat-Catalan Conjecture...[ v = d2 − e2 = g4 − h4 = k2] :eek:

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Napheesa has the highest efficiency rating on Team USA.
Napheesa has a reputation for being efficient, regardless of how it is measured, and playing very hard. It would not surprise me to see her lead the nation in efficiency while at UConn.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

I am fascinated by these statistical formulations that have been developed by dedicated people with extraordinary acumen. So I am in awe of these amazing practitioners of statistical art, and stuck with the (paraphrased) Bill Russell measure of individual athletic talent:

"Can s/he play?"

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Re NC's vertical (and timing and hands), there were at least two instances in the Argentina game in which Napheesa and A'ja Wilson were side by side and went up for the same rebound. I'll let the folks here guess who came down with it.

Reaction Score
From USAB's bio of Napheesa:

"Competed as a freshman on her team’s track and field team and finished second in the triple jump, sixth in the high jump and ran a leg on the fourth-place 1,600 relay at the state meet."

Very athletic, but her instincts are even more impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom