Names on unis | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Names on unis

Reaction Score
But yes I forgot with NIL it would be nice to the kids (maybe) to feature their name because they are $ revenue to the school and community.
Except part of UConn's/players NIL agreement is that the players are not able to use anything UConn related in print, media, clothing, etc., for their endorsements. They can't even wear the school colors. And believe me, everyone knows who they are without their name on a jersey.

Reaction Score
I'm old school and I like the "no name on the back" policy.

I'm relatively new to The Boneyard (just celebrated my third anniversary here). Seems like I read or heard (maybe here, maybe somewhere else) that Geno doesn't (or maybe didn't) allow visible tattoos. Was that the case "back then"? Is it the case today?
Yes, it is still the case today.

Reaction Score
I'm old school and I like the "no name on the back" policy.

I'm relatively new to The Boneyard (just celebrated my third anniversary here). Seems like I read or heard (maybe here, maybe somewhere else) that Geno doesn't (or maybe didn't) allow visible tattoos. Was that the case "back then"? Is it the case today?
Actually Chris Dailey's rule, as I understand it.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Being bold, like being different than the rest?

(Good to see a @DaddyChoc post!)
Or be like the rest... get out of that 1995 era, and let these ladies "express" themselves freely #bold

Thanks, glad I took a break and figured out what's really important and doesn't stress me lol

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Or be like the rest... get out of that 1995 era, and let these ladies "express" themselves freely #bold

Thanks, glad I took a break and figured out what's really important and doesn't stress me lol
Being the same as everyone else isn’t being bold it’s being pedestrian, right?

(Welcome back! )

Reaction Score
He don't have his name on his back,....so players can't either...- so, there ...!!!!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
He don't have his name on his back,....so players can't either...- so, there ...!!!!
He’s in street clothes as well… so they should be in street clothes as well

Reaction Score
I think that the Uniforms should have the name of the player in very big BOLD letters in an easy to see color. It would be nice to know the name of the person playing. As you get older it is more difficult to equate a number with the name of the person. And, it is old people who make the donations to the University.

On the other hand, color their hair with unique color. My wife knows Edwards because she has the purple and yellow hair. Make Page with bright red, and Azzi with flourescent orange, and Dorka with flourescent green.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think that the Uniforms should have the name of the player in very big BOLD letters in an easy to see color. It would be nice to know the name of the person playing. As you get older it is more difficult to equate a number with the name of the person. And, it is old people who make the donations to the University.

On the other hand, color their hair with unique color. My wife knows Edwards because she has the purple and yellow hair. Make Page with bright red, and Azzi with flourescent orange, and Dorka with flourescent green.
You know honesty, if you actually follow a team to any significant extent, you don’t really need to look at the back of their jerseys. You know the players games and their athleticism. If you are unfamiliar with the team, then yeah, the names or the numbers help.

I would say it’s much harder to figure out who people are in football, because you’re farther away in the helmet and face mask obscures the players faces. But even then after a while, you know peoples roles on the teams and what they look like doing them.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Perhaps we can create a “service for those clamoring for names” to send them a roster with the Number associating the player with their number. 5 Paige, 3 Aaliyah, 10 Nika, 33 Caroline, 35 Azzi ….oh wait the website has rosters on it!

Here’s a second thought, stop all the kvetching and just accept this how Geno/CD want the program to be, just like the Yankees!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom