Name Your Favorite Mascot for an NCAA Team | The Boneyard

Name Your Favorite Mascot for an NCAA Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
OK. I'm sorry, but couldn't resist. The Central Arkansas Sugar Bears! I mean, they've got to win a game with a name like that!!
BxbI1I3IcAEsay2.jpg

Doesn't look at that sweet to me.

Reaction Score
Well it looks a little like a wolf, kind of like a dog, with a very warm coat, great pulling power, great pet, strong, smart and fast. Can you guess?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Well it looks a little like a wolf, kind of like a dog, with a very warm coat, great pulling power, great pet, strong, smart and fast. Can you guess?

Wait what school are the Malamutes?

Reaction Score
The 25 worst college mascots in the country. At least two are in the tournament:

The Stanford Cardinal, represented by a pine tree. How absurd is that.

Too bad Xavier didn't make it. Would have been fun to root for "The Blue Blob"!

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
I've always liked the Fightin' Whities ......an intramural basketball team at the University of North Colorado

FightingWhites.png

Reaction Score
I can see myself as the Syracuse Orange

play_g_syracuse_otto_576.jpg

The Kansas State Wildcat mascot is the most annoying to me! Did they not have enough $ to get the rest of the costume?

th

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
OK. I'm sorry, but couldn't resist. The Central Arkansas Sugar Bears! I mean, they've got to win a game with a name like that!!
Actually, I gathered they are rolling back the "Sugar Bears" (a la the "Lady Vols') for their women's teams, at least based on the color commentator during their conference tourney. Most of the school's teams other than WBB just use "bears" according to whoever was commentating.

Interesting, they have a whole family of "bear" mascots - in the same way we have both Wilbur and Wilma Wildcat out here at UofA.

The other interesting thing about the nickname, was before 1920 they were (among other things) the Pedagogues and the Pea Pickers.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
U of W

You know, I did find out that Washington's live mascot is a Malamute when I was researching to see if any college actually had that nickname. Apparently, Malamutes are better around people than Siberian Huskies. You learn something new every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom