My Uconn Marketing Plan | The Boneyard

My Uconn Marketing Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I’ve read many ideas on this site over the past few months concerning how to increase fan attendance at Uconn basketball and football events and I’ve come up with a new marketing plan which I will briefly describe below.

We all know about gift cards that you get for Christmas or your birthday. These cards fit nicely into your wallet and you can add $ to the card at your convenience. My idea is for Uconn to come up with a husky fan card that is linked to a website. Uconn fans can sign up online to get their card and they automatically are pre-loaded with $5. Uconn fans can use the money on their cards to buy tickets, apparel or even apply towards a road trip sponsored by Uconn.

Card holders can easily add money to their cards through the website and can even share their account numbers with friends and family so that at Christmas and their birthdays they can receive something they really want instead of another Dunkin Donuts gift card.

This would cost Uconn some money to market and implement properly but since the cards can only be spent on Uconn related purchases they will get everything back and then some. Other ways Uconn can benefit from this plan is getting people into the Rent prior to kickoff. How you ask? By scanning each card holders card that enters at least 10 minutes before kickoff and giving them $5 or $10 on their card. Word of mouth about free money spreads quickly and membership could explode after the first game this is implemented in. There are a ton of other ways Uconn could use this to affect fan behavior but the bottom line is that everyone wins (except for Dunkin Donuts).

What do you say? Are you signing up?

Reaction Score
Free beer and naked cheerleaders, that is my marketing plan and I'm sticking to it.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I’ve read many ideas on this site over the past few months concerning how to increase fan attendance at Uconn basketball and football events and I’ve come up with a new marketing plan which I will briefly describe below.

We all know about gift cards that you get for Christmas or your birthday. These cards fit nicely into your wallet and you can add $ to the card at your convenience. My idea is for Uconn to come up with a husky fan card that is linked to a website. Uconn fans can sign up online to get their card and they automatically are pre-loaded with $5. Uconn fans can use the money on their cards to buy tickets, apparel or even apply towards a road trip sponsored by Uconn.

Card holders can easily add money to their cards through the website and can even share their account numbers with friends and family so that at Christmas and their birthdays they can receive something they really want instead of another Dunkin Donuts gift card.

This would cost Uconn some money to market and implement properly but since the cards can only be spent on Uconn related purchases they will get everything back and then some. Other ways Uconn can benefit from this plan is getting people into the Rent prior to kickoff. How you ask? By scanning each card holders card that enters at least 10 minutes before kickoff and giving them $5 or $10 on their card. Word of mouth about free money spreads quickly and membership could explode after the first game this is implemented in. There are a ton of other ways Uconn could use this to affect fan behavior but the bottom line is that everyone wins (except for Dunkin Donuts).

What do you say? Are you signing up?

A+. i said something about this type of idea a while back in a rant and ppl didn't read it becuase i was full crazy by the time it was mentioned in my drawn out battle cry. mine was different tho. this is the right idea and this school seriously lacks the type of people like u and these ideas. mine was more like this.

as a student you have a student id card thingy. went you graduate, you as part of your diploma and w/e get a new card. that card is also the same card every alum and fan can get. what they need to do is have that strip on the card that reads info do big things. at every event everything uconn does needs to be able to allow fans to swipe that card before a purchase. that will allow you to build up uconn points. those uconn points will allow you to purchase school store stuff. tshirts, shorts mugs and so on. no tickets, but anything clothes or school store type stuff(not books... you get the idea). you can have other small things to. maybe every 10th beer bought inside a arena or the rent is on uconn type deal also with the card.

the deal is, that card needs to give uconn fans a sense of reward and also help build the brand. student goes to the school play. swipe the card when they get to the door and hand in the ticket. why? becuase we just tracked that student into that school play. we know thats a female, soph and she also likes the dairy barn and womens basketball games. you can see what interests her activities wise and so on. now work that card on the students side into the ticket lottery system so the right kids are getting tickets vs just anyone trying to make money. do that with the whole fanbase points wise. give me a card. i'm a male and i like football games, went to a baseball game and i go to the xl but not gampel. you all get the idea with that and where i'm going....

this is the type of vision the school needs and lacks. what you do is you get every fan you have on record to apply and get a card. you get every alum around the world that u can contact a card. they swipe it at alum events, at the beer line, in the book store, they enter the # code on it before buying tickets online or a shirt from the bookstore online. i can go on for a while. vision and ideas, uconn needs them but ppl here think i'm nutz.

you want to get marketing going uconn and act big time? hire a couple ppl here that know something and give a ddam. the fact that we don't have a bagel and sandwich type truck at the rent driving around the parking lot with tshirts and gear each home game still pisses me off to no end.

Reaction Score
First thing's first - we want consistent language? Uconn It's UConn. Get that straightened out. There needs to be consistency everywhere. Details, details, details.

Eastbay.com -> Fan Gear -> College -> it's spelled Uconn, not UConn. The little things like that bug me. It won't get us into a better conference but it's something that should be done across the board.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
[
Our spirit girls????????:confused:
Isn't it "spirits girls" as in "it would take a a heck of a lot of spirits."

Reaction Score
I think it is a great idea...I'm always thinking of ways UConn marketing could improve, but CTGoonie's is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom