My thoughts on Tues. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

My thoughts on Tues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If both teams stay healthy throughout the game UCONN determines their own fate! NOTHING ND can do will effect the outcome! They are just participants with not enough ammo to pull a win out!
There's only so many limited places ND can score, while UCONN can draw points from, Stewie, potentially 22+; KML, potentially 15; Tuck, potentially 22+; MoJeff, potentially 12; Nurse, potentially 6; Chong, potentially 3; Stokes, potentially 4 & Williams, potentially 4! Which adds up to 88 potential points for UCONN, ND cannot cover all the UCONN threats nor can they score 90 points vs UCONN's smothering defense! Some of UCONN players may score more or less, but the likely-hood of UCONN scoring 88 to 90 vs ND defense is higher than ND scoring 88 to 90 vs UCONN's defense! Also UCONN will dominate the offensive & defensive boards limiting ND to one shot! UCONN also will block 6 to 8 shots, limiting ND baskets!

Reaction Score
It's been fun but again, out for a while. Same deal as last year. If ND somehow wins, I won't be here to gloat and if UConn wins (as I think they will), it's your party.

TTFN, it's been a heck of a year for ND hoops.

Reaction Score
If both teams stay healthy throughout the game UCONN determines their own fate! NOTHING ND can do will effect the outcome! They are just participants with not enough ammo to pull a win out!
There's only so many limited places ND can score, while UCONN can draw points from, Stewie, potentially 22+; KML, potentially 15; Tuck, potentially 22+; MoJeff, potentially 12; Nurse, potentially 6; Chong, potentially 3; Stokes, potentially 4 & Williams, potentially 4! Which adds up to 88 potential points for UCONN, ND cannot cover all the UCONN threats nor can they score 90 points vs UCONN's smothering defense! Some of UCONN players may score more or less, but the likely-hood of UCONN scoring 88 to 90 vs ND defense is higher than ND scoring 88 to 90 vs UCONN's defense! Also UCONN will dominate the offensive & defensive boards limiting ND to one shot! UCONN also will block 6 to 8 shots, limiting ND baskets!

RSHERM: Very keen as usual. And reassuring - I'm needing some of that as the clock ticks down.

Reaction Score
Both teams have improved and I believe UConn has improved more then ND. With that said UConn had a 28 pt turn around at ND to win by 18. How does ND overcome that? It would have to be a combo or defense, ND shooting the ball better and UConn not shooting the ball great. UConns shooting percentage is up a lot in the NCAAs as is their scoring. But this is ND and I see UConn scoring 80+ and ND scoring in the 60's. I also see Turner in foul trouble in the first half and Mabry locked up on defense. Loyd will not go for 30 this time around and if she does her shooting percentage will be low. Mojeff will control the game and UConns quickness will be too much for ND.

UConn 86 ND 63
Right on Tony.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize that there are a number of folks who do as I do and record
the game for later viewing (perhaps with a quick peek toward the end).

It's comforting to know that I'm not the only wuss on the Boneyard!

I did watch the Stanford game from start to finish because it never
occurred to me that we might lose that game. Big mistake.
Never again.

Jim

Reaction Score
Who's ready for a Bre-peat?
We got Stewie; They don't.
UCONN 89 - ND 77

Reaction Score
Well gang, UCONN can and did win in a battle! My hats off to a rugged and formidable ND squad! They gave the Huskies all they could handle!
The two teams know each other so well that they could call each others offensive sets!
Props go to Brianna Turner for her gutsy 2nd 1/2! But as I stated earlier she was the only big that would show up! Reimer and the other Irish big girls faded into the wood and offered NO help!
I am so disappointed that the powers that be took the easy way out and awarded Stewie the MOP! I give her credit for playing her heart out and getting 15 RB's along with her 8 points! But it was evident the leg wouldn't allow her the freedom to create on offense! IMHO MoJeff should have gotten the MOP or maybe KML for her huge 7 straight points when ND closed the gap late! And Stewie showed her class when she said "Moriah Jefferson should have gotten the MOP!"
MoJeff really took her teammates on her back in the 2nd 1/2 both on offense with 3 huge 3's and heroic drives to the hoop, and especially on defense as she just shut down AA Jewell Loyd, as a total non-factor! And MoJeff at 5'5" (she's not 5'7") gave away 5" to Loyd! Having 5 assists and 4 steals along with her 15 points!
Even though Morgan Tuck had a rough offensive game overall, her 7 assists were really big!
Kia Nurse had some big moments also with the 3 and drives leading to 9 points late!
KML, MoJeff, and Morgan played 40 minutes and Stewie only missed 1 minute getting her ankle retaped! I think all of us thought Stewie did a knee as she first went down! We all breathed a sigh of relief that it was ONLY an ankle, HaHa!
3 in a row/ 10 total Championships, what a truely amazing program we have with the UCONN WBB! And think how bright the future is with the recruits we've got coming and the others that now will like to get on board!

Reaction Score
What a gutsy performance.... not the prettiest game in the world...but a combative struggle as you would expect from these 2.....

and looking at next year..... I can see these same 2 teams in the same championship game..... SC will be formidable, and Baylor will be good, if their young people develop..... Tennessee's fortunes will be 100% dependent on the quality of their coaching ... and not DD or Mercedes.... Maryland will have as good a chance as anyone to make it back to FF.....

but ND and UC are the cream of the crop..... and secondarily, much of the reason is coaching! The 2 best.....

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I didn't realize that there are a number of folks who do as I do and record
the game for later viewing (perhaps with a quick peek toward the end).

It's comforting to know that I'm not the only wuss on the Boneyard!

I did watch the Stanford game from start to finish because it never
occurred to me that we might lose that game.
Big mistake.
Never again.
Exactly. Same thing happened to me. I should have known better. I blame Tony for giving me too much confidence. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis

Top Bottom