My head hurts.... | The Boneyard

My head hurts....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's not from tailgating, unpacking the vehicle & staying up to 1 A.M to watch a little of the BYU game & read Boneyard commentary.
There was a group of 5 guys seated in the row behind me last night. One of them was on a Anti-Coach P. rant all evening. He criticized every play call. He's calling for Coach's resignation, yada, yada, yada. Five minutes into the game, he said that he was leaving by 10 P.M. to avoid traffic because it was only UMass on the field. He ended up staying until the end of the 3rd quarter.
I'm seriously hoping that he was a guest using someone else's ticket. Otherwise this 3 year commitment will be a serious blow to my sanity.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
It's not from tailgating, unpacking the vehicle & staying up to 1 A.M to watch a little of the BYU game & read Boneyard commentary.
There was a group of 5 guys seated in the row behind me last night. One of them was on a Anti-Coach P. rant all evening. He criticized every play call. He's calling for Coach's resignation, yada, yada, yada. Five minutes into the game, he said that he was leaving by 10 P.M. to avoid traffic because it was only UMass on the field. He ended up staying until the end of the 3rd quarter.
I'm seriously hoping that he was a guest using someone else's ticket. Otherwise this 3 year commitment will be a serious blow to my sanity.
I hear ya, I had the bad fan night myself... I will not be inviting certain folks down to sit in empty seats. ruined my good time, and the good time of the guys in front of me.

Here's to good fans, and cheering for the team.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

You realize how old and cranky you sound with this post? It's not like he was stinking drunk, shouting profanity, and urinating on himself. He was talking about the game with people next to him.

Reaction Score
One other reason I opted not to move seats. I hated the guys that sat behind me the last three years. Figured if I stayed they would move. Much better.

Reaction Score
There was some new guy in my section hoping McCummings tore his ACL because he hated the wildcat. When confronted by two little grandma's he argued with them about how this is big boy football. If I've learned one thing over the years, is that those type of fans come and go, and usually aren't around very long so there is no sense in letting them ruin your appreciation of the game.

Reaction Score
3 years is a long time. I almost started bringing headphones.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Moved our seats this year to get away from one particularly annoying fan. Landed near a few guys who liked their beer a bit too much and didn't cause any real problems, but have the potential. Hopefully it works out.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
You realize how old and cranky you sound with this post? It's not like he was stinking drunk, shouting profanity, and urinating on himself. He was talking about the game with people next to him.

awfully defensive for someone that wasn't there. was this guy you?

i went to the game at Temple a few years ago and my time was ruined more by a few UConn fans in front of me than by the final score. they were just really loud and obnoxious. not combative at all, but it gets annoying

Reaction Score
My all time favorite was the fan at Michigan who told everyone around me he couldn't stand Edsall being our coach one second longer. Hear me out please -- that could be written off to everyone being entitled to an opinion. Except that he actually expressed it after the opening play of the game (and season).

Reaction Score
I had a guy complaining about both coach p and McCumming, loud, the guy was just a jerk, and of course like the prevoius posted said, they left in the 4th quarter.

This is so typical of CT fans, they really dont know how to support a team, which is why we can't have nice things like the Whalers. Its a culture thing I guess, sucks.

Reaction Score
There were a couple really annoying fans in my section that were so into the game, they showed up for kickoff. Who the heck does that?

Reaction Score
I had a guy complaining about both coach p and McCumming, loud, the guy was just a jerk, and of course like the prevoius posted said, they left in the 4th quarter.

This is so typical of CT fans, they really dont know how to support a team, which is why we can't have nice things like the Whalers. Its a culture thing I guess, sucks.

I saw plenty of kids in the stands last night and I honestly cannot rip people for leaving early when most towns in the state are already back in school.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well count me as a cranky old guy as well then. I'm not a big fan of whiners. Some people (and you know who they are on this board) go out of their way to that the program will go to crap, just so they whine about. Pissing and moaning about the coach or a player in a 37 to 0 ass-whooping? What's the point in that?

Geesh you're at the game (and for that matter on this board) because your are supposedly a fan. Act like it. There will be plenty of opportunities to bitch. I hate when people go out of there way to invent them.

End of rant. (This isn't directed at you Nelson)

Reaction Score
There were a couple really annoying fans in my section that were so into the game, they showed up for kickoff. Who the heck does that?

That was us. We actually show up for the pre-game show and stay till the end!

Reaction Score
I agree with the comment about "fans that know everything". I'm glad I got upgraded this year because I now located in a section with great fans.

However, the last 3 years were horrible. Neither Randy or Paul "knew anything" ..........from the first snap of the ball to the final whistle. In fact the last part of the sentence were in jest.......they showed up late in the first quarter and left early in the 3 rd quarter to get drunker. Worse yet, they fell into the laps of myself and guests more than once.

Yes.....everyone pays good money to attend and is entitled to an opinion. But you don't have to use crude language and be annoying to everyone else........some fans like to enjoy the game and support the team and coaches......and offer criticism in a constructive way.

Again, my new surroundings are so far fantastic! Great conversations with other fans and a continuous support for the players and coaches who bust their chops all year to offer their fans the highest level of college football in the region........win or loose!

It will take time to become a Michigan type program.

Go UConn!

Reaction Score
Wow . . . got a little of that "holier than thou" thing going on. Red Sox Nation has been shredding the Beantowners faster than a piece of Popeyes Fried Chicken. Beckett this, Francona that, Theo this, Scheridan that, Papi, Lester, Lackey, Beckett, Carl Crawford, Bobby V, etc. Guess they are not supportive fans since their criticism is anything but constructive.

Reaction Score
The worst UCONN fans I ever experienced were at the Michigan game, real nipple headed titwits, with their 10 to 12 year old sons with them no less. Really made me embarrassed to be a UCONN fan that day. So far I haven't had any consistent bad experiences (with season ticket holders) at the Rent. An occasional guy slopping a beer out of his cup, maybe a puker now and again, but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom