My gosh how uninformed people, even the sports media, are with UConn! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

My gosh how uninformed people, even the sports media, are with UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Umass was a 6 seed

images
Anyone using Furious as an avatar is good with me

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What do mean? Are you referring to him usually being a very good unbiased analyst? He did say some good things about UConn, though not nearly as much as he said about UK. He did say in the end that the game is a toss-up, which can't get any more unbiased. I rarely have issues with him, though I think he's buckling under the ESPN propaganda machine that pimps certain programs and conferences over others.

Yup. Other people (rcatalan?) have said this, and I wholeheartedly agree.

Reaction Score
As much as I hate ESPN, I think Dana O'Neil has actually been pretty fair the entire tournament. I think she was a former BE reporter (?) but between her tweets and articles, I think she's been the best of the bunch over there in Bristol.

I swear she's the only one writing pro-UConn stuff in Bristol.

Reaction Score
What do mean? Are you referring to him usually being a very good unbiased analyst? He did say some good things about UConn, though not nearly as much as he said about UK. He did say in the end that the game is a toss-up, which can't get any more unbiased. I rarely have issues with him, though I think he's buckling under the ESPN propaganda machine that pimps certain programs and conferences over others.

Todd Wright got fired by ESPN because he admitted on the air that he was given a script of his opinions for his appearance on "Around the Horn". Although ... if you go to the Kentucky boards they have a thread about why ESPN is pimping UCONN to win ... :confused:

Reaction Score
In regards to Jay Bilas, dude just gives canned, lazy analysis these days, I know this board loves him but when you listen to him speak about the players/teams(not just us, everyone) it sounds like some cookie cutter nonsense that anybody could deliver, doesn't even seem as if he watches much film on players and teams. How long did he go throughout the season with his canned response about Bazz with him being "the one player you want with the ball in his hands at the end of the game"...that was it, nothing else about what he does for the rest of the 39 minutes of the game, just that same tired, cliched response repeated ad nauseum. Dude is a personality more than an analyst these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom