Muffet Again ! | The Boneyard

Muffet Again !

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
From an AP article by Steve Megargee, Muffet states "the thing that makes her (Allen) the best point guard in the country" - not "one of the best" but "THE BEST". Pretty clear what you're saying Muffet, no backtracking or equivocation on this one.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Coaches can't always say what they really think. Usually they just give us cliches and coach-speak. Who cares what Muffet thinks? Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there anyone here in the yard that cares what she says or thinks? I would expect her (and her entire staff) to promote her own players. Geno and his staff does. Her opinion and $3 will buy her a drink.

Speaking of what coaches think, I was listening to a ESPN radio program yesterday, and the interviewee related a story about the late North Carolina State coach Jim Valvano.

Valvano was furious with some of the calls the refs were making during a game. So during a stop in play, he called one of the refs over, and asked him if he could get a technical foul for what he was thinking.
The ref told him no. So Valvano said: "good!, cause I think YOU SUCK". :eek: Boy I sure do miss Jimmy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From an AP article by Steve Megargee, Muffet states "the thing that makes her (Allen) the best point guard in the country" - not "one of the best" but "THE BEST". Pretty clear what you're saying Muffet, no backtracking or equivocation on this one.

Well, you don't expect her to say her player is not as good as that little pipsqueak from CT, do you?

Reaction Score
Well, you don't expect her to say her player is not as good as that little pipsqueak from CT, do you?
Hey Coach Schaefer was pretty quick to lay the praise on Mo. He knows what's up.

Reaction Score
I suppose I should at least be grateful that Muffett's not saying we have five Moriah Jeffersons.

Reaction Score
Coaches can't always say what they really think. Usually they just give us cliches and coach-speak. Who cares what Muffet thinks? Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there anyone here in the yard that cares what she says or thinks? I would expect her (and her entire staff) to promote her own players. Geno and his staff does. Her opinion and $3 will buy her a drink.

Speaking of what coaches think, I was listening to a ESPN radio program yesterday, and the interviewee related a story about the late North Carolina State coach Jim Valvano.

Valvano was furious with some of the calls the refs were making during a game. So during a stop in play, he called one of the refs over, and asked him if he could get a technical foul for what he was thinking.
The ref told him no. So Valvano said: "good!, cause I think YOU SUCK". :eek: Boy I sure do miss Jimmy.

CARN: always enjoy your stuff on here - and Happy Easter. But tell me, where are you finding those drinks for three bucks? And does that charge inflate or deflate as a function of Muffet's opinion of the day? Lastly, are we talkin CoolAide here or something more substantial?

Reaction Score

That quote actually came from the legendary Abe Lemons, then coaching at Oklahoma City U. in the late '60's,early '70's.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Next week, she will say Allen is the best point guard in Indiana

Next week, they both will be playing golf...
If things continue as they have.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score

So? "The best guard in the country" is going to the final four. If she can buy a ticket.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Muffet doesn't have to worry now. She gets to go home until next year!!!!!!

Carnac

Reaction Score
That quote actually came from the legendary Abe Lemons, then coaching at Oklahoma City U. in the late '60's,early '70's.

OK, I guess Jimmy borrowed it, because the way I relayed to you, was the way the guy on the radio told it.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
What do you bet that ESPN picks her up as a commentator/analyst? I dearly hope not.

Carnac

Reaction Score
CARN: always enjoy your stuff on here - and Happy Easter. But tell me, where are you finding those drinks for three bucks? And does that charge inflate or deflate as a function of Muffet's opinion of the day? Lastly, are we talkin CoolAide here or something more substantial?

Oh happy day!!! I'm having whatever Muffet is having. :cool: whoo hoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom