Most Dominant of All Time? | The Boneyard

Most Dominant of All Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Uh, Rock, I think we've got a coupla more games to play? Ask again this time next week.

Good point, but everyone assumes that is a foredrawn conclusion, no?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I still favor the 2013-14 team. Every win was by 11 points or more. All starters made the Huskies of honor wall. Everyone in its six-woman rotation (starting five plus Kiah) has been or will be selected in the first round of he WNBA draft. The final two games ( against Stanford and Notre Dame) were won by a combined 40 points.

IN short, the 2016 team has yet to accomplish everything the 2014 team did, so it's all about playing the last two games of the season. And if we lose to Oregon State, the argument is moot.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Answer not clear. Ask again later.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I still favor the 2013-14 team. Every win was by 11 points or more. All starters made the Huskies of honor wall. Everyone in its six-woman rotation (starting five plus Kiah) has been or will be selected in the first round of he WNBA draft. The final two games ( against Stanford and Notre Dame) were won by a combined 40 points.

IN short, the 2016 team has yet to accomplish everything the 2014 team did, so it's all about playing the last two games of the season. And if we lose to Oregon State, the argument is moot.
I agree. Plus each starter is or will be a two-time All-American.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The problem with the MOV comparison especially when including the first two rounds of the NCAA as 50% of the data is the MOV is a ridiculously high number. In most championship years Uconn can write just about any number on the board before the game and then play to that exact MOV in the first two rounds. It is a matter of how much defensive pressure they apply, how long they continue to fast break and when they start walking the ball up, to say nothing about when Geno starts putting in the subs that will not play again until the next year, and just how well those subs are actually capable of playing. Throw in the variation in opponent and whether they get demoralized or are able to keep it together and continue to really compete in the next two rounds.

The MOV the last two complete years being 40+/- for the whole year has a lot to do with the AAC vs. the BE mid break-up and the BE prior to the break-up beginning.

I love stats, and love comparing years but the MOV stats against a general field isn't very interesting - against ranked teams, or in the FF or FF and elite 8 gets more interesting - but against TX last year or MsSt this year, or against RMU and Duquesne ... write your number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom