Moritz Wagner (Committed to Michigan) | The Boneyard

Moritz Wagner (Committed to Michigan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
6-foot-9, 200 lb combo forward from Germany.

From ESPN Insider:

VUgPvPz.png

And here's an earlier scouting report from a Michigan site.

Also wondering if we're recruiting Leon Suhr, a 7-footer who scrimmaged with the team last year when he was visiting campus with his dad.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Tell Giffey is doesn't talk this kid into coming to UConn, we gonna lope off his wiener schnitzel.

Reaction Score
Can't even pretend to get my hopes up.

Key to recruiting is not to get your hopes up. A one sentence reference is nothing. People get emotional about recruiting and it is going to be a heartbroken 90% to 95% of the time

Last edited:

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Key to recruiting is not to get your hopes up. A one sentence reference is nothing. People get emotional about recruiting and it is going to be a heartbroken 90% to 95% of the time

Yeah I prefer the old days when I read about Ray Allen committing to UConn in the daily campus. Had never heard of him before. Now I know about kids in the 8th grade. Sigh.

Reaction Score

But that 5% - 10% is all that much more sweet.

Reaction Score
I always assume that we aren't getting the kid. That way when we don't, I'm not disappointed and if we do, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Reaction Score
@Uconn4X: #Uconn w/ high interest in German star @moritz_weasley of Berlin. 6'9" scorer plays w/ former Husky N. Giffey at club level.

Reaction Score
@Uconn4X: #Uconn w/ high interest in German star @moritz_weasley of Berlin. 6'9" scorer plays w/ former Husky N. Giffey at club level.

Just for context, do you know who @Uconn4X is? Is he a boneyarder that read the thread and posted the news on twitter or does he have a reliable source regarding recruiting?

Reaction Score
He's tweeted several times about Uconn including this last April
@moritz_weasley: Go Huskies! @UConnMBB

And this
@marchmadness: Niels Giffey says the key to the #FinalFour experience is staying with your teammates. http://post original url/LLXi8vp807

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Is this where someone says "next"
Yes.

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless he changes his mind and decides that he wants to come to Uconn.
Too soon. First we need to savage the guy, our staff, our program and our conference. Then we need to turn the thread into a discussion of other players, food and drink preferences, and/or Steely Dan songs. Then--and only then--we next the bastard.

Reaction Score
Too soon. First we need to savage the guy, our staff, our program and our conference. Then we need to turn the thread into a discussion of other players, food and drink preferences, and/or Steely Dan songs. Then--and only then--we next the bastard.
I sincerely apologize. I knew the order, what I was supposed to do, but I was so damn committed to being the first "next" that I ignored the natural progression of BY discourse. It won't happen again.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
First option is not a verbal commitment.

Reaction Score
Everyone always talks about Larry Carlton's solo on "Kid Charlemagne"; and rightfully so. But I personally find Jay Graydon's solo on "Peg" to be criminally underrated. Thoughts? And, next...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He's visiting Michigan this weekend.

Among the schools that have reached out to Wagner, who would be eligible to play next season, are Michigan, UNLV, Providence, Auburn, Virginia and Arizona.

Michigan head coach John Beilein has been to Germany to meet with Wagner. Wagner will take a return visit to Michigan this weekend, per multiple sources. While Michigan hasn’t offered Wagner yet, they are expected to during his official visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom