Moriah's Odyssey | The Boneyard

Moriah's Odyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It seems pretty clear to me that Moriah has Odyssey Sims on D. What do you guys expect to see? Have these two played each other in HS or AAU down in Tx?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I'm not so sure that UConn will play all man-to-man D vs. Baylor.

Geno unveiled that 1-2-2 zone vs. Houston that puts pressure on their (opponents') guards and trusts any combo of Stewie, Stef, Kiah, and Morgan on the back line. (and Stewie can take a turn out front vs. Sims and other BU guards)

If m-t-m D, Geno will probably alternate Moriah, Banks and Bria on Sims. Wear her down. Make her work hard (both ends of the court) for anything she gets. Play her VERY close (contest perimeter shots/hinder passing) and trust immediate help if she gets by with first step.

I think a reasonable goal is to limit her to >20 points and the others to 40 -- and 60 won't beat UConn. Not this year.

Reaction Score
I agree with all of that Kib except for the next to last sentence. I don't care how many points Sims gets (well 70 would be a problem). What's important is that most of her shots are not open looks or uncontested drives. If we keep her from getting into a rhythm (along the lines you describe), then who cares if she hoists 40 shots and scores 45 points.

I will add that I've been a fan of Sims game ever since I saw her put on a show against the Huskies her freshman year (the game Bria proved she has ice in her veins). She is a unique talent and IMHO the best guard to come out of WCBB in a long time. But we've got two players of Sims caliber. And outside of those three players UConn is vastly superior.

Reaction Score
Geno said Banks would get to defend Sims because Moriah was too small and Kaleena isn't quick enough. We'll see how that plays out.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think you are pretty spot on, Kib. I expect us to run Sims through a lot of screens and double screens when we are on offense to wear her down, too.

Last edited:

HGN

Reaction Score
I agree with Kibitzer as well.........With a little bit of Suebird10 thrown in. Sims will see plenty of zone. With some man to man thrown in to keep her and the Baylor coaches guessing.

There are 3 keys as I see it.......1) Keep Sims from taking the game over with scoring by getting in the paint ; and 2) Keep her from getting her teammates involved with assists ; and 3) Stay out of foul trouble.

Sims is the key to Baylor winning or losing. If a team controls Sims the other team has a good chance of winning the game. Unlike at UConn where any one of 4 players can key a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom