Moriah had nine assists tonight | The Boneyard

Moriah had nine assists tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And remember that fast break when Stewart had the butter fingers right before the two were taken out in a previous tournament game ... well Lou is really trying to learn everything she can from Breanna in the remaining games this year, so she practiced that butter fingers move on another perfect fast break pass from Moriah tonight! :cool::)
(Would have given Moriah the dub-dub for the game too!)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Moriah's profile has been updated, and indeed she's right at 647 assists. She will almost certainly break D's record in the national semis.

With the records and accolades Mo holds along with her NCs, her career at Uconn will prove to be second to none. You just can't get more elite locally and nationally at her position.

Reaction Score
Cep_Te9WsAI5mKz.jpg

HGN

Reaction Score
Moriah's profile has been updated, and indeed she's right at 647 assists. She will almost certainly break D's record in the national semis.

With the records and accolades Mo holds along with her NCs, her career at Uconn will prove to be second to none. You just can't get more elite locally and nationally at her position.
MoJeff will leave an awesome legacy no doubt.

Reaction Score
MoJeff will leave an awesome legacy no doubt.
With her nine assists, Moriah reached 190 assists in a season for the third time. No other Uconn player has done that more than once. She is primed to reach 200 assists, which would place her in elite company with Jen, Sue, and DT.

Reaction Score
And remember that fast break when Stewart had the butter fingers right before the two were taken out in a previous tournament game ... well Lou is really trying to learn everything she can from Breanna in the remaining games this year, so she practiced that butter fingers move on another perfect fast break pass from Moriah tonight! :cool::)
(Would have given Moriah the dub-dub for the game too!)
I had an excellent sight line on that play, and what I saw was that Mo threw just a tad late to Lou, catching her a little too close to the basket with a defender nearby, and Lou was processing the situation while trying to catch the ball. Not Mo's fault really, because IIRC the defender between them shifted at the last second. Just wasn't meant to be.

Reaction Score
Wonder if N.D.would loan us the best point guard in the country for the final 4.Imagine how good we could be,or maybe baylor's one assist gal who leads the nation in that category and UCLA claims to have the second best point guard in America.So i guess we are stuck with no better than the fourth best point guard in the country.Just have to dance with the one what brung us to the dance.lol

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
who holds the NCAA record?
Suzie McConnell - PSU - 1307
Nina Johnson was sort of threatening that, but I assume she fell short or we would have heard something. Five players including Johnson are over 1000 for their careers.
Uconn spreads the ball around which results in the assists being spread around too much for any Uconn player to be in the discussion for season or career records in assists. Uconn had more assists per game than Baylor, but Johnson has 321 assists and Moriah is struggling to break 200 - Sue with the uconn single season record is only at 231

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I'm so happy for Moriah, home-schooled in Texas and comes to bad-winters Storrs,

Reaction Score
Wonder if N.D.would loan us the best point guard in the country for the final 4.Imagine how good we could be,or maybe baylor's one assist gal who leads the nation in that category and UCLA claims to have the second best point guard in America.So i guess we are stuck with no better than the fourth best point guard in the country.Just have to dance with the one what brung us to the dance.lol
Just can't see how ND lost with the best point guard and the best forward in WCBB.

Reaction Score
Suzie McConnell - PSU - 1307
Nina Johnson was sort of threatening that, but I assume she fell short or we would have heard something. Five players including Johnson are over 1000 for their careers.
Uconn spreads the ball around which results in the assists being spread around too much for any Uconn player to be in the discussion for season or career records in assists. Uconn had more assists per game than Baylor, but Johnson has 321 assists and Moriah is struggling to break 200 - Sue with the uconn single season record is only at 231

I think that I saw on the Baylor board that Niya ended up at 988 assists for her career. That's 5th all time. Not shabby at all.

It's hard for Mo to get assists when she's competing with her John Stockton-like teammates every game. :D

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think that I saw on the Baylor board that Niya ended up at 988 assists for her career. That's 5th all time. Not shabby at all.

It's hard for Mo to get assists when she's competing with her John Stockton-like teammates every game. :D
Well, if her teammates would stop dropping her passes out of bounds on fast breaks, and stop missing their bunnies and wide open three, she would have a lot more assists! :eek::)

(I heard she even petitioned the NCAA scorers union to see if she could get assists by passing the ball to herself, but they demurred! :cool: Her argument was that Stewie is always padding her rebounding numbers by bouncing her first shot off the backboard and scoring on the rebound - usually on passes from Moriah - so why couldn't she figure out something like that to pad her stats?!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom