Morgan Tuck vs. Natalie Achonwa | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Morgan Tuck vs. Natalie Achonwa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Morgan wasn't UConn's center last year, then who was? You could say she played forward, but what starter was most likely to be around the basket and in the post? Morgan. I'll never understand people referring to the wing position. Yes, they play out on the wing, but you find one announcer who ever said, "Now starting at wing . . ." I've never heard any announcer announce a player starting at the wing position. Not ever. Have you ever heard men's players referred to as a wing? Are there wing players in professional basketball, men or women? Also, back to Morgan. How much improvement did Morgan make after microfracture surgery, the worst kind to have on a knee. Morgan has two more years left if she wants to use all of her eligibility. How much better will she be in two years? Much better, you can count on it. Achonwa does not have the speed to play small forward. Morgan does and can also play down low.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I actually think the position that makes the most sense for Ace in the WNBA is PF *if* she can successfully develop a midrange shot, which I think she can. She's playing C for Indiana (I believe, don't catch many Fever games) but Indiana lacks interior size and C maybe is better for Ace as she recovers from her ACL injury. So, I think both may ultimately play PF in the WNBA and it will be interesting to see how their careers compare in a few years.

Regarding the statement I bolded, people forget just how well Ace was playing in the 2014 tournament. She was ND's best player up until the injury. She hit another level in that tournament even beyond what she had done in the regular season. You can't compare 2013 Ace to 2014 Ace and you can't compare regular season '14 Ace to tournament '14 Ace. UConn still would have won but it would have been more competitive at least.
I indeed remember--she was playing the best ball of her career, and ND was really clicking. She's quick around the basket and runs the floor with verve. I join you in saying she should be a PF.

O: You are a smart, knowledgeable, well-educated, thoughtful poster. I enjoy reading what you have to say. I hope you will keep the posts coming.

BTW, are you a man or a woman? :confused: :)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
After seeing her all dressed up on the ND sidelines at the ACC tourney... lets just say I'd take Achonwa very early in my expansion draft :cool:
that Nigerian side really showed

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I indeed remember--she was playing the best ball of her career, and ND was really clicking. She's quick around the basket and runs the floor with verve. I join you in saying she should be a PF.

O: You are a smart, knowledgeable, well-educated, thoughtful poster. I enjoy reading what you have to say. I hope you will keep the posts coming.

BTW, are you a man or a woman? :confused: :)

Thank you, that's very kind. I am a man, as it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom