Morgan Tuck interview (on ESPN 3) | The Boneyard

Morgan Tuck interview (on ESPN 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did anyone else catch Morgan Tuck interview yesterday on ESPN 3, I think during halftime? She stated she being red shirted, had another year, but, Moriah and Stewie were moving on.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
upload_2016-3-6_12-47-52.png

Captain Morgan on the goal of winning a National Championship:

-'Our coaches do a good job. We talk about it the first couple of practices; that’s our goal. Everyone knows that’s our goal every year. But then we don’t talk about it anymore. We focus on the present. And I think with us - especially with us now, because I’m like a ‘senior slash junior’ , so I have an extra year - I think for Stewie and Mo it’s their last go round. So I think we’re just really trying to enjoy each day, each part of it, each away game, each trip, just trying to make sure we don’t look past it, and focus on the present.’

[You can see this clip on http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/2765769/ ; last part of Half Time show. See ESPN time counter on lower left corner of screen beginning about Time 00:48:30/01:38:02]

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
View attachment 12293
Captain Morgan on the goal of winning a National Championship:

-'Our coaches do a good job. We talk about it the first couple of practices; that’s our goal. Everyone knows that’s our goal every year. But then we don’t talk about it anymore. We focus on the present. And I think with us - especially with us now, because I’m like a ‘senior slash junior’ , so I have an extra year - I think for Stewie and Mo it’s their last go round. So I think we’re just really trying to enjoy each day, each part of it, each away game, each trip, just trying to make sure we don’t look past it, and focus on the present.’

[You can see this clip on http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/2765769/ ; last part of Half Time show. See ESPN time counter on lower left corner of screen beginning about Time 00:48:30/01:38:02]

Nice work arty, I like it! I wish I knew how to use photo shop.

Reaction Score
Hopefully she's been watching the 4th quarters and feels bad and decides to stay because even Geno can't watch the group that gets in late in the games.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I read the quote, heard it live, watch the replay, just not interpreting it the same way. "I have an extra year" : "Stewie and Mo it’s their last go round." Nothing new in either of those statements.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Next year is going to be hard. Hard on the court - but full of potential. That could be very exciting for a player.

What's going to be harder? Dealing with fans who can't bear to watch the group that gets in late in the games this year. I can only imagine the kind of reaction they'll have to the growing pains next year.

Reaction Score
Have both fingers and toes crossed that we have her for another year.....

I pray she stays. Because Butler doesn't look ready to me. And it won't look pretty if she departs.

Reaction Score
Oh how we love Morgan!!!! It is funny when I think of her now.... I think of the wall in Gampel, and how she deserves to be there.... I hope so much that she gets her due....

Also.... I think of Morgan as the glue of the team.... she can do everything well.... and does the things that stats do not always reflect..... I think of Kelly Faris in this same vane..... how can you calculate the value to the team...... so whatever your decision is on the Morgan, we love you!!!!!

Reaction Score
I read the quote, heard it live, watch the replay, just not interpreting it the same way. "I have an extra year" : "Stewie and Mo it’s their last go round." Nothing new in either of those statements.
"I have an extra year"? " Stewie and Mo, it's their last go round"? Meaning, I have an extra year, Stewie and Mo, it's their last go round.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
"I have an extra year"? " Stewie and Mo, it's their last go round"? Meaning, I have an extra year, Stewie and Mo, it's their last go round.
Again nothing new in the statement. Mo and Stewie have exhausted their NCAA eligibility. Morgan has not exhausted her eligibility. Doesn't mean she will be back just means that she can come back if she want's to.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Geno did say during the post game press conference to Morgan that she was 5-7 today and next year she could take 25 shots a game. IMHO the only way Morgan might stay another year is if she doesn't make All American this year. However if the team wins their 4th Championship, it might not matter if Morgan makes All American.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom