Morgan is running! | The Boneyard

Morgan is running!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
On the Alter G.... UConn is the only AAC school that has one of these machines. (Don't ask me what it does.)

LINK

Well my guess based on the name and the quick view of it in use:

The purpose looks to be a device to reduce the effective "gravity" for the runner. It looks to simulate a lower gravity by forming a pressure bubble which is attached in some way to the runner around the hips/waist. By pumping more pressure in the bubble it would have the effect of "lift" the runner so that the effective weight of the runner on the legs is reduced. It would be an alternative to pool running where the buoyancy of the water does the same thing. This device looks to have the advantage of being able to freely adjust the amount of reduced weight as desired/needed for the user.

That's my guess anyway.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yay! She looks great in her wardrobe of nice dresses, but I don't want to see those at game time.

Congrats, Morgan! Keep it up! We are with you.

Reaction Score
Omg...I love Morgan Tuck...every since her Bollingbrook days with Ariel. I'm glad to see her doing well. She's such an efficient player when healthy. Plus she's an AKA :)

Reaction Score
Omg...I love Morgan Tuck...every since her Bollingbrook days with Ariel. I'm glad to see her doing well. She's such an efficient player when healthy. Plus she's an AKA :)
Morgan Tuck is an awesome talent that is indeed a member of the sorority community. She has skills inside and out. To be honest, she never looked like a freshman even when she was. Who doesn't remember how good she looked in the championship game against Louisville? I'll never forget when Kaleena went down against Stanford, and Morgan, coming in as her replacement, hit a couple of quick 3s as easily as if she were taking a couple of breaths.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well my guess based on the name and the quick view of it in use:

The purpose looks to be a device to reduce the effective "gravity" for the runner. It looks to simulate a lower gravity by forming a pressure bubble which is attached in some way to the runner around the hips/waist. By pumping more pressure in the bubble it would have the effect of "lift" the runner so that the effective weight of the runner on the legs is reduced. It would be an alternative to pool running where the buoyancy of the water does the same thing. This device looks to have the advantage of being able to freely adjust the amount of reduced weight as desired/needed for the user.

That's my guess anyway.
I need one of those.

Reaction Score
OTP! Where the heck you been? We were wondering where you disappeared to in a thread about "missing" posters a while back. Good to see you back!

Hey Chapette...I've been pursuing a career shift into STEM education at inner city schools here in Atlanta. Toward that end I've been doing a full time masters in mathematics and working the last two semesters with an inner-city early college (Carver) and a charter school (Ivy Preparatory Academy). I'm on a short break, but have an intensive Summer semester starting Monday, again.

That said, I haven't missed any of the women's games and reveled shamelessly in their victories!

PS I actually saw that thread and dropped Mr. Gris a line to say that I was OK...

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hey Chapette...I've been pursuing a career shift into STEM education at inner city city schools here in Atlanta. Toward that end I've been doing a full time masters in mathematics and working the last two semesters with an inner-city early college (Carver) and a charter school (Ivy Preparatory Academy). I'm on a short break, but have an intensive Summer semester starting Monday, again.

That said, I haven't missed any of the women's games and reveled shamelessly in their victories!

PS I actually saw that thread and dropped Mr. Gris a line to say that I was OK...
Glad you are ok. Actually far better than just ok.

But "Mr. Gris"??? Just call him "El Z." :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom