Morgan is in pain.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Morgan is in pain....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was MT's surgery for an ACL or something else with respect to her knee?

Something else.

I remember reading some posts (by people who may or may not have known what they were talking about)
to the effect that Morgan's procedure was a bit more iffy than a typical ACL procedure.

That's why some of us are a little nervous and keeping our fingers crossed.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Something else.

I remember reading some posts (by people who may or may not have known what they were talking about)
to the effect that Morgan's procedure was a bit more iffy than a typical ACL procedure.
Def more iffy. ACLs are pretty straight forward these days. Morgan's particular injury is not. Frankly, it's difficult to determine exactly when it's healed.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
I have no facts to share, nor do I have any credible knowledge of, Morgan's surgery, root canals, or healing.

Moreover, I don't even know for sure where DoggyDaddy is.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Something else.

That's why some of us are a little nervous and keeping our fingers crossed.
I thought there was possibly a severe bone bruise/cavity in the knee also. I thought I had heard there had to be a graft or hormone growth of some kind as well as the typical acl. I don't have proof. But I thought hers was not cok
Okay cutter- unfortunately. :(

Reaction Score
I have direct experience with knees, resulting pain, and, as I have aged a few or 50 extra pounds. Morgan appeared to have gained some weight since her injury. She may have to battle off 20 pounds or so to lessen the impact. It does make a difference. And I'm not trying to be mean. I think MT is a super talent who will leave a mark on the program.

Dear Dawgs Bite, your comment about Morgan looking she's gained weight and needing to battle to lose 20 pounds or so is just wrong. Actually Morgan hasnt gained any weight since her injury which is a credit to her and her training program. In person, she appears thinner but I believe she has more muscle. Morgan's injury had nothing to do with weight but where her cartilage damage was located. Actually let me just say she is not overweight, she is a solid, muscular, hard body. She may not be as defined as some other girls but if you touch her arms or bump into her you find out real fast just how much of a "hard body" she is. Maybe when you saw her she was bloated or heaven forbid her outfit made her look heavier.
Please lets not assume well she gained weight or get she needs to lose, because she is working very hard to get back on the court. She needs our support not negativity or criticism.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ah, hope this wasn't her dentist

Szell.jpg
Is it safe?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Dear Dawgs Bite, your comment about Morgan looking she's gained weight and needing to battle to lose 20 pounds or so is just wrong. Actually Morgan hasnt gained any weight since her injury which is a credit to her and her training program.

Do you know this for a fact? Have you seen her before and after scale measurements? She might have lost weight from having less muscle (especially in her lower body). Either way, it's pretty normal for someone with a serious (non trainable) injury.

Reaction Score
Perhaps seeing people in tighter fitting street clothes rather than in the baggy
basketball uniforms may affect perception.

Reaction Score
Do you know this for a fact? Have you seen her before and after scale measurements? She might have lost weight from having less muscle (especially in her lower body). Either way, it's pretty normal for someone with a serious (non trainable) injury.

I do know this based upon her report not specific measurements. It may be "normal" for someone with injury but remember she is 20 and in dynamic health. She has worked to stay in shape without gaining despite her injury hence why I suggedted to give her and her training program alot of credit. you have to remember Morgan has alot of limitations due to her injury but shes not sitting around doing nothing at this point in her rehab/training. She has significant weight training in her rehab since she has been on crutches and it increased once she was off crutches, as reported by Morgan previously.

Reaction Score
Speaking of pain, I have to get my wisdom teeth removed soon. Not looking forward to it.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I will definitely be knocked out. It's major surgery. I'm just nervous, I've never had a medical procedure this serious.

It's a very light weight "serious" surgery. No internal organs, tendons, severe muscle tears to deal with. Very quick recovery time. No scars or external skin healing to tend. Complications in procedure and recovery are relatively rare.

As an added bonus, you get to drink milk shakes for a few days.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the support everyone. I appreciate it.
I'm mostly nervous due to my sister's experience getting her wisdom teeth out. Hers were impacted(thankfully mine aren't) and then she ended up being allergic to the pain meds. Swelled up like a balloon.

Reaction Score
Hi KATIE: can see where sister's experience has "impacted" you, so to speak.
But I wanted to take a moment to add my voice to those who have been reassuring you. Have had my share of oral surgery, and odds are, you'll pretty much sail thru this. Should not be a major deal ( am assuming you've selected a practitioner in whom you have confidence...if not, cancel and find someone else). Stay well.

Reaction Score
This is, perhaps, the saddest thing that I have ever heard.

CL: you were responding here to EAST who said "I once pulled a bicep muscle while brushing and flossing too vigorously". If you think THAT is sad, how about THIS: I once HAD a bicep muscle. :(

T

TroyHouse66

etextrash-
<<I once pulled a bicep muscle while brushing and flossing too vigorously.>>
CL82-
<<This is, perhaps, the saddest thing that I have ever heard.>>

This goes way beyond momentary simple sadness & smacks of an organized, clandestine, and well-coordinated campaign to shield the Public from open revelations of such musculo-dental tragedies. I believe an open and transparent investigation of collusion between the American Dental Association and the American flossing industry cartel is long over due.
I pray that this travesty can be brought to the attention of Congressman Darrell Issa and set for hearings before the toothpaste Barons of America can brush it away.

Last edited by a moderator:

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I am one to say that lack of dental hygiene can contribute to a need for root canal, but there are other reasons as well..

Root canals are used to treat infected or decaying tissue inside a tooth. The only way the pulp of the tooth can become infected is if the exterior enamel of the tooth is somehow chipped, cracked, or otherwise compromised. So for example, it a chipped tooth goes unnoticed, it can lead to an infection which will necessitate restoration of the tooth, aka, root canal.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Actually because of the importance of this to the American public prior to the upcoming season opener, The Speaker has formed a new Select Committee on Flossing and Brushing chaired by Rep. (Dr.) Mike Simpson of Idaho . He has promised to get to the root cause of the pain in this case.

Reaction Score
Dear Dawgs Bite, your comment about Morgan looking she's gained weight and needing to battle to lose 20 pounds or so is just wrong. Actually Morgan hasnt gained any weight since her injury which is a credit to her and her training program. In person, she appears thinner but I believe she has more muscle. Morgan's injury had nothing to do with weight but where her cartilage damage was located. Actually let me just say she is not overweight, she is a solid, muscular, hard body. She may not be as defined as some other girls but if you touch her arms or bump into her you find out real fast just how much of a "hard body" she is. Maybe when you saw her she was bloated or heaven forbid her outfit made her look heavier.
Please lets not assume well she gained weight or get she needs to lose, because she is working very hard to get back on the court. She needs our support not negativity or criticism.

You totally missed the point and went onto and focused on her weight. I never called her fat. I only mentioned that my own knees hurt less when I was 20 pounds lighter. Maybe the same for her. I never had the pleasure of meeting her but did meet Jessica Moore and would guess the two as pretty close to the same size. I agree, Morgan is not fat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom