More KK's Please | The Boneyard

More KK's Please

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
KK really impressed me. She's the kind of modern, athletic, aggressive, confident player that we need more of, but don't seem to recruit. We have plenty of stand-on-the-perimeter jump shooters.
Too funny! I go out to lunch with my father today and practically the first thing he says is "This KK has to play more".

Reaction Score
I was so in awe of her performance that I never once had time to wonder what "KK" stood for.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
KK really impressed me. She's the kind of modern, athletic, aggressive, confident player that we need more of, but don't seem to recruit. We have plenty of stand-around-the-perimeter-jump-shooters.
If Geno doesn’t recruit players like KK, how did she get to UConn?

35642203-AAFA-452B-8CD8-7C5AF70A0114.jpeg

Reaction Score
KK really impressed me. She's the kind of modern, athletic, aggressive, confident player that we need more of, but don't seem to recruit. We have plenty of stand-around-the-perimeter-jump-shooters.
Too bad he didn’t recruit Jen Rizzotti, Diana Taurasi, Renee Montgomery, Bria Hartley, Moriah Jefferson or Kia Nurse. We might have been really good.

Reaction Score
I posted she reminds me of Crystal Dangerfield and I was corrected in that KK is 5'9" and Crystal was 5'5". So I amended my post in that KK was a 5'9" Crystal Dangerfield. KK has the same drive to the basket as CD and tenacious as CD was on defense.. KK is a winner and will make her mark with Uconn. GO "KK"!!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
Too slow and non-athletic.
You can all the KK Arnold's & Hannah Hidalgo's that you want, but I'm quite content to have the non-athletic Bueckers & Clark on my team. I'm sure will do just fine.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Isn’t Kelis Fisher in that mold? I’m more concerned on zero bigs committing this signing period. Maybe Ayannah and Jana (or is that Yana and Jayanna ) are enough or the portal. UConn has done great at perimeter recruits forever.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Too slow and non-athletic.
I know you jest, but early on in Bueckers freshman year, despite her having been a track athlete and some her obvious displays of speed and quickness, a narrative by some quickly developed that she was slow based on her deliberate style.

I’m relieved that narrative has seem to have dissipated.

Reaction Score
Too bad he didn’t recruit Jen Rizzotti, Diana Taurasi, Renee Montgomery, Bria Hartley, Moriah Jefferson or Kia Nurse. We might have been really good.
Add Tiff Hayes...

Reaction Score
KK penetrates and dishes, or finishes!
KK will make it hard to full court press UConn. Her change in direction dribbles are among the best. The charging call against her in the MD game was bogus at best. She is a near perfect player for us as a freshman and will only grow more difficult to guard. WOW! Love her baseline drives and relentlessness.

Reaction Score
You can all the KK Arnold's & Hannah Hidalgo's that you want, but I'm quite content to have the non-athletic Bueckers & Clark on my team. I'm sure will do just fine.
How about KK and Paige?

The girl has to play give her more minutes. When they play a team who’s coach says we need to double off on Paige to keep her down as much as possible, KK will take them out of that idea with her ability to get to the rim. The girls will need more KK there’s no doubt about that!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
How about KK and Paige?

The girl has to play give her more minutes. When they play a team who’s coach says we need to double off on Paige to keep her down as much as possible, KK will take them out of that idea with her ability to get to the rim. The girls will need more KK there’s no doubt about that!
KK is fifth on the team in average minutes played with 19.0. She had freshman nerves against NC State but otherwise has been on the court a lot.

One turnover in 59 minutes played, against 2 ranked teams :)

E5549B9D-3773-4587-A05A-2D9534144BC7.jpeg

Reaction Score
KK is fifth on the team in average minutes played with 19.0. She had freshman nerves against NC State but otherwise has been on the court a lot

View attachment 93186

Nerves were there agree NC State but they left last game. They need 25 minutes from her maybe more if playing really well. She has the star power they need to help Paige.

Reaction Score
Other than Paige and Aaliyah, I suspect the ceiling on minutes (on average) for everyone else is 20. The freshmen (especially KK) are practically there right now. This is what happens when so many are able to make solid contributions.

On a side note, KK looks to have an advantage in the minutes competition because of pg skills. But Ashlynn also has great handles. She’s not an obvious pg, but she can be an asset in breaking pressure. Watch her when she has the ball in the open court: she is very sure handed. We haven’t seen all of her skills yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom