more issues at WV- Aaric Murray Dismissed From West Virginia | The Boneyard

more issues at WV- Aaric Murray Dismissed From West Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's the 5th player to leave the team this year. Playing in the Big 12 is doing wonders for their program

Reaction Score
the money is good but finding a new conference might not be all its cracked up to be..

Reaction Score
Not a surprise. He's been in trouble several times at WV & LaSalle. I think he clashed with Huggins at one point during the season.

Reaction Score
WV basketball is dead!! The move to the B12 kill them. Huggins use to get his players from NY, NJ and Philly. They ended last year in 8th place 13-19. They will start this season with only one NJ junior college transfer. Their NY/Philly recruiting area has dried up. Why would recruits on the east coast want to play for WV. Most of their away games are in Tx., Oka, or Kansas. They don't play in NJ, Philly or NYC after they left the BE. Huggins was against the move from the BE but we all know FB was the deciding factor. WV basketball better days are behind them!

Reaction Score
WV basketball is dead!! The move to the B12 kill them. Huggins use to get his players from NY, NJ and Philly. They ended last year in 8th place 13-19. They will start this season with only one NJ junior college transfer. Their NY/Philly recruiting area has dried up. Why would recruits on the east coast want to play for WV. Most of their away games are in Tx., Oka, or Kansas. They don't play in NJ, Philly or NYC after they left the BE. Huggins was against the move from the BE but we all know FB was the deciding factor. WV basketball better days are behind them!

I have similar fears for UConn basketball. Why is a kid from the northeast going to want to play in the AAC? At least WVU can claim that they will play against some big names. UConn will only have one northeast opponent in conference (Temple). Our only advantage over WVU is that we're closer to home for NY/NE kids, but 2/3rds of WVU's student body is from the northeast.

KO seems to be doing a great job on the recruiting trail making us a standalone power, but some of the proclaimed reasons for WVU's death hit a bit too close to home for me.

Reaction Score
I have similar fears for UConn basketball. Why is a kid from the northeast going to want to play in the AAC? At least WVU can claim that they will play against some big names. UConn will only have one northeast opponent in conference (Temple). Our only advantage over WVU is that we're closer to home for NY/NE kids, but 2/3rds of WVU's student body is from the northeast.

KO seems to be doing a great job on the recruiting trail making us a standalone power, but some of the proclaimed reasons for WVU's death hit a bit too close to home for me.

Storrs is a ways out, but its not like CT is the North Pole, Kemba's and AJ's parents made their way to CT to take in games plenty of times. Also, unless I'm behind on things we're still going to be on SNY which will be carried by Tri State cable providers. Losing MSG hurts but I wouldn't doubt Manuel trying to shedule NY(Barclays as well) yearly, we've already got that this year.

Reaction Score

We've always recruited nationally, so that helps a lot.

Reaction Score

Our non conference schedule will be a lot better then WV's- we will play plenty of elite teams- unless they are scared #$%@&'s like Dook.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
We should be fine if are none conference games stay solid.playing cincy Memphis and temple in the AAC isnt that bad as long as they continue to make the NCAA tourney.And if you look at are current and future roster daniels is from Cali Nolan from Wisconsin boats from Chicago and for 2014 hamelton Cali purvise NC.we pull kids from all over so don't think going south to play will hurt much. Infact it may help us pull some kids from down there.

Reaction Score
We are still close to NYC and NJ for parents to see their kids play. We also plan a few games in NYC and hopefully will continue to do that, 3 this year. Also we play in some great cities, Philly, Dallas, Houston, Orlando, Tampa New Orleans Memphis Cincy. Compare to WV and it's not the same. Next school which is going to die is Pitt. I predict they will also have problems recruiting the east coast.

Reaction Score
He brings some baggage with him for sure, but the kid can play. He averaged 18/12/3
per 40 minutes in the big twelve last year and would fill a gaping hole for us in the middle (I like Nolan, but I'm not sure he's ready to play 25 minutes a game). Given he would be a senior and is eligible immediately, he would only have to behave himself for six months. I trust Ollie to keep him in line.

Reaction Score
If Huggins dismisses you, when he knows he's desperate for talent and a bum ass squad just got even more bummier, I think that let's you know everything you need to know about Murray.

Reaction Score
I don't dispute the fact he's probably not the greatest of kids, but in fairness WVU was probably one of the worst situations in the country. There's a reason kids can't get out there fast enough. It's possible he would embrace a culture of winning surrounded by high character kids who prioritize Ollie's preaching's and place winning above all else. I say it's worth a chance, but my point is probably moot given we don't have a scholarship. I'm sure somebody will pick him up.

Reaction Score
This would be the only reason the B12 would want UConn
West Virginia begging them to add us to maintain a New York presence. It would be a bad move on our part without one or two other eastern teams.
Temple Cinn WV and one more from the West

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member