mora > sanders | The Boneyard

mora > sanders

Reaction Score
in spite of our crummy situation as a program, I'll take our coach and a 3-9 record this year, any day over prime.

been reading more of the transfer situation and decommitments around colorado this year, and it makes me suspect the hype is fading and the long term viability of the sanders strategy is being questioned by the market (i.e. high school/transfer recruits and their coaches/families).

let's keep supporting Mora. he has it hard and he needs to feel the love to keep going. would be a shame to lose him due to feelings of hopelessness. At his age, it must be tempting to just give up and go back to idaho.

Reaction Score
UConn is a difficult and challenging job. He has already experienced the the easy Rocky Mountain life.

Reaction Score
It occurred to me that the transfer portal may be much more of an opportunity than a threat to UConn and other programs, including some P5 programs. Coach Mora is the exact type of person who could take advantage of this opportunity and I think we've seen HCJM in action with his tweets about departing players.

Places like Kansas, Indiana, Vandy, they haven't been very successful on the gridiron for some reason, whether by choice or otherwise. But now with the transfer portal any program can build a program overnight. Go out, hire great coaches, convince players that your school is the best opportunity for them THIS YEAR. It could be a flashy Deion Sanders type of coach, it could be a James L Mora, or a Curt Cignetti going to Indiana.

I agree, we are very lucky to have Coach Mora at this juncture and this may be the best opportunity for a coach like Mora to rebuild this program through the portal. Yes, UConn is independent, but there is some value to that as opposed to being buried 14 deep in the standings of another conference.

Reaction Score
Gotta give Deion a few more years at Colorado to see how it turns out. Sure, he created a ton of buzz for a moribund program, and was the talk of college football this year, but if after 5 years he's 26-34, what difference did it make?

At this juncture I'd keep Mora over Deion.

Reaction Score
in spite of our crummy situation as a program, I'll take our coach and a 3-9 record this year, any day over prime.

been reading more of the transfer situation and decommitments around colorado this year, and it makes me suspect the hype is fading and the long term viability of the sanders strategy is being questioned by the market (i.e. high school/transfer recruits and their coaches/families).

let's keep supporting Mora. he has it hard and he needs to feel the love to keep going. would be a shame to lose him due to feelings of hopelessness. At his age, it must be tempting to just give up and go back to idaho.

Sanders is a flash in the pan.

Reaction Score
It occurred to me that the transfer portal may be much more of an opportunity than a threat to UConn and other programs, including some P5 programs. Coach Mora is the exact type of person who could take advantage of this opportunity and I think we've seen HCJM in action with his tweets about departing players.

Places like Kansas, Indiana, Vandy, they haven't been very successful on the gridiron for some reason, whether by choice or otherwise. But now with the transfer portal any program can build a program overnight. Go out, hire great coaches, convince players that your school is the best opportunity for them THIS YEAR. It could be a flashy Deion Sanders type of coach, it could be a James L Mora, or a Curt Cignetti going to Indiana.

I agree, we are very lucky to have Coach Mora at this juncture and this may be the best opportunity for a coach like Mora to rebuild this program through the portal. Yes, UConn is independent, but there is some value to that as opposed to being buried 14 deep in the standings of another conference.

There is always opportunity in chaos.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Sanders is the PR engine that drove Colorado into the Big 12. There is value in that for sure. He also knows football. Mora has a LOT of coaching experience and is a proven winner on the biggest stages. Both good college coaches - I’m happy we have Mora

Reaction Score
I like Mora's approach to coaching and recruiting too. Sure we not be competing for high ranked recruits, but neither was Geno or Calhoun when they started. He's building relationships out here and pipelines to funnel talent to the program. Do I expect a top 30 recruiting class? No, but I don't see why we can't be in the top 50 consistently. I think next year is going to be a struggle do the vast amount of talent we just lost to the draft, portal and graduation.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I want an adult in charge who can speak well and makes rational sense when he talks. We need level headed thinking and someone who can evaluate players AND opposing coaches' schemes. That's Mora. He ain't flashy, and he sure ain't trashy, but he's ours.

Reaction Score
There is always opportunity in chaos.
200.gif

Reaction Score
I like Mora and don't like Deion but if we're being honest, if UConn and Colorado switch coaches then UConn is likely in the Big 12 next year and Colorado is begging for scraps like Washington St and Oregon St.
Don’t think we would have gotten a B12 invite with Deion either. Colorado’s history with the B12 & PAC 12 was a big factor. We didn’t get in because the other PAC 12 schools became options, and the perception that we bailed on FB when we left the AAC.

But having Mora as coach clearly didn’t hurt us & I think helped our case a lot. And especially after he got us to a bowl last year. I’m glad we have him.

Reaction Score
Nobody has done a better job than Jerry Kill
fair, but one has to ask what would uconn's record have been this year, with a pure c-usa schedule. Maybe we're not 10-3 but i see a better year for us witih NMSU's schedule.

conversely, how does Kill+pavia+NMSU roster fair against our 2023 schedule? keeping in mind they lost to UMass, I don't see 6 wins for them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom