MoJeff and Goliath | The Boneyard

MoJeff and Goliath

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Overall stats for the two tandems during the game were actually fairly close, as UConn's duo shot 36% to ND's 23% but Loyd and Allen scrapped for 12 rebounds. One possible key is that the ND two went 0-6 on 3s while UConn's duo went 4-12, though the third Irish guard Mabrey kept ND from getting a goose egg by going 3-3. Allen's 7 assists and 5 turnovers was a decent enough line in an NC scrap like this, but it wasn't enough.

Reaction Score
No doubt she was the best player, but we all knew that they were going to give the MOP to Stewie! That's to be expected! And glad to see her shut Jewell Loyd up about the whole "my brother is the only one who can guard me" nonsense!

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
She just grabbed that game by the throat and dictated the last 8 minutes.

A fluke! Haven't you heard everyone proclaiming -- even here on the BY -- that Jewell Loyd is the best guard in the nation (followed closely by Tiff Mitchell).

This clearly was a one-game aberration!

Reaction Score
A fluke! Haven't you heard everyone proclaiming -- even here on the BY -- that Jewell Loyd is the best guard in the nation (followed closely by Tiff Mitchell).

This clearly was a one-game aberration!

Uhuh...popular thought elsewhere I think. Maybe some others will agree to bet the ranch on it ;)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Mo was easily MVP of the final game. Where it gets complicated with the MOP is that it represent both the final and the semi-final. Mariah had a good semi-final, but Tuck and Stewart had much better semis. Factoring that in and weighting the final a little more heavily I see it as a dead heat. Because ... Stewart was huge defensively for Uconn as well - Moriah had four steals - Stewart had four blocks (and 2 steals); Moriah had 15 points, Stewart had 15 rebounds (44 of Uconn's total); Moriah's pressure defense, tipped balls, and harassment doesn't show up on the stats, neither does the tone Stewart's blocks created, the shots altered and missed, and the confidence having her back there gave to the perimeter defense of Moriah, Kia, and Kaleena.

Reaction Score
Let's not forget the job that our Freshman, Kia Nurse did on defense as well. She played above her years, that's for sure. That's one tough kid, and I'm glad that we get to see her for the next 3 years as well!
I have not rewatched the game, but it seems to me that Nurse was guarding Loyd for most of the first half, when she went 4 for 10. A good effort on Kia's part. Mo took over the responsibility of guarding Loyd in the second half and held her to 0 for 8. Spectacular!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom