Missed Shots ! | The Boneyard

Missed Shots !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After watching Florida St. , and Tenn. So far this afternoon, I am just absolutely astounded by the amount of layups missed and chippies missed by both teams. Florida St. Is an over hyped , athletic team , short on " basketball skills ". SC gets away with SOOOO many fouls !

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
After watching Florida St. , and Tenn. So far this afternoon, I am just absolutely astounded by the amount of layups missed and chippies missed by both teams. Florida St. Is an over hyped , athletic team , short on " basketball skills ". SC gets away with SOOOO many fouls !

I was equally astounded watching AZ State fall to Stanford last night. Just terrible around the basket shots. Sometimes they would miss everything shooting a layup.

Reaction Score
Now if you don't like to watch missed shots, check out the replay of the first half of UConn - East Carolina today. It was a lay up drill.:rolleyes:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Here's the thing. And it's not a mystery, but what is the mystery is why other teams just don't try to emulate it. UCONN actually runs offense. I'm astounded by the number of top 10 teams who spend almost the entire shot clock with 1 player dribbling the ball around the perimeter. It makes zero sense to me, but even top 4 team Maryland spent much of every shot clock with the ball in their guards' hands just poking around the perimeter. My point is that some of those layups that these teams miss are contested.

There's a reason why Morgan shoots something like 65% from the field - UCONN's offense works to get players open and when they find her that way, she has a wide open layup. There's also a reason each of the UCONN starters shoot over 50%, and it has NOTHING to do with the relative "strength" of the AAC. In fact, UCONN's top 6 scorers (Williams is #6) all shoot over 50%. It's just how our offense is designed...

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Yeah, instead of dribbling around on the perimeter for 15 seconds so you don't turn the ball over, you throw up a bad shot shot around when you hear the crowd chanting "10-9-8-7=6 . . . " Why not just look at the Huskies' offense, don't waste a second, attack with every pass and every move into the paint. And get a a a 99% shot. Someday, WCBB will learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom