Minnesota PG Isaiah Washington Transferring | The Boneyard

Minnesota PG Isaiah Washington Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

From Harlem, didn’t he have a connection to UConn we rumbled about last year?

Yes there's legit connections there but he was really bad this year

Reaction Score
He will definitely apply for a hardship waiver. His twitter post mentioned his his concern about his grandparent's health and how he has seen a therapist. I could see the ncaa approving that especially coming to UConn which is close enough to home and with the coach who recruited him

Reaction Score
but we only have 1 scholarship available

Reaction Score
Jelly Fam, friends with Sid Wilson.

Edit: Just saw this was also posted by tcf15 in another thread but whatever.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If he gets a hardship waiver, can someone name a better grad transfer/uncommitted ball handler?!? One that’s reasonable to get?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Jelly Fam, friends with Sid Wilson.

Edit: Just saw this was also posted by tcf15 in another thread but whatever.
Kimani Young is an even bigger connection. His mentor, AAU coach, recruited him to Minnesota. Problem is that the kid can’t shoot, rebound, defend, he makes the most mundane routine plays look as difficult as possible, the team looked better after they benched him. Now maybe this can be chalked up to Kimani not being his coach anymore and his family problems and his mental state but do we take the risk? No guarantee he gets a waiver either.

Reaction Score
Hopefully we will know how many schollies will be open (other than the 1 we currently have) soon.

Reaction Score
There's a lot of potential for smoke here, but it's not something I expect the staff to pursue. Seems like a St John's guy

Reaction Score
4* Prospect according to the 247 composite. #62 prospect in 2017, #13 overall PG. Was recruited by Kimani.

Maybe the personal issues cited above effected him on the court, however his stats took a hit across the board this year after a solid freshman campaign.

Isaiah Washington, Minnesota, Point Guard

Isaiah Washington Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

The stats weren't good his freshman year either, just a little better than last year.
It would seem to be a desperation move to spend a scholarship on him.

Reaction Score
4* Prospect according to the 247 composite. #62 prospect in 2017, #13 overall PG. Was recruited by Kimani.

Maybe the personal issues cited above effected him on the court, however his stats took a hit across the board this year after a solid freshman campaign.

Isaiah Washington, Minnesota, Point Guard

Isaiah Washington Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

Once a guy has been in college 1-2 years, you can throw recruiting rankings out the window. Put your stock in how he's actually performed at this level (i.e. not well).

Remember Purvis and Larrier? Both had lofty recruiting rankings, both had mediocre freshman seasons before transferring. Once they got here, their performance was a lot closer to their college performance than their high school ranking.

Reaction Score
Once a guy has been in college 1-2 years, you can throw recruiting rankings out the window. Put your stock in how he's actually performed at this level (i.e. not well).

Remember Purvis and Larrier? Both had lofty recruiting rankings, both had mediocre freshman seasons before transferring. Once they got here, their performance was a lot closer to their college performance than their high school ranking.

I personally would take back Purvis

Reaction Score

Purvis had a TS% of 50% in his freshman year. It was pretty good.

Washington regressed to 37.5% this year.

I wouldn't even sign him to Quinnipiac.

Reaction Score

Nah. Both of them played at a talent level within the range of what you'd expect from their rankings. Neither of them, however, had the "it" factor that made everyone around them better and thus made them special. In Larrier's case, the knee injury certainly may have been a part of not being a huge star.

Reaction Score
He’s god awful if you watched any Villanova game outside of ours at the Garden.
I watched some here and there and thought he was playing rather well. Playing very controlled and conservative, not turning it over, and good on D. I maintain that he will be very good and perhaps even lead them back to a top ten ranking, especially if Jay Wright continues to recruit well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc