Mike says boneyard posters are dumb | The Boneyard

Mike says boneyard posters are dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has this been posted? Was anyone watching the CPTV Sports program "Beyond the Beat" on Tuesday? There was a discussion about the Boneyard in which Mike DiMauro argued that the posters here are the dumbest people in the world. Jeff Jacobs, however, argued just the opposite. Joe Zone is the host.

The show is now somewhere on YouTube.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I rarely agree with JJ, but I might this time....and it seems many of us share a mutual disregard with Mike. Evidently he feels about us the way many of the boneyarders feel about him. (Typical BC big head) Too funny. (and yes, I will probably go look for that video now, just for fun.)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but it looks like this is the most recent.

Around the 10:30 point.

Last edited:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Starts at 10:25, he still pays no attention to defense which is where the difference is.

Reaction Score
Talk about the Boneyard starts at ~10:10, for anyone that doesn't want to wade through the rest of it...oops, you must've posted while I was writing, ice--sorry.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well Mike, Jeff and Joe, I'm sure you'll read this, I'd be glad to come on your show.

Hell, I'll even you use my real name. :cool:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
We are stupid. We prove it regularly but that still has nothing to do with Mike's issues and his necessity to be controversial. If they wanted to know who some of the Boneyarders they could stop by at the pregame meeting or at halftime. It isn't like all the Boneyarders are hiding.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
DontFeedTheTrolls2.jpeg

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I volunteer to be the Boneyard guest on that show. No anonymity necessary. Hey Joe! Mike! Jeff! If you're reading this, Kirk Sinclair here, from Norfolk, CT. If you glance over my "body of work" here on the Boneyard you will see I've never threatened anyone and generally make cogent remarks (at least in my mind). In particular I would love the chance to address Mike's assessment that, even though UConn has played more top teams than Notre Dame and have done better against common opponents, it is so self-evident to him that Notre Dame has had a tougher schedule by virtue of being in the ACC.

Unfortunately, I've never said a disparaging word about Jeff Jacobs. I actually like him outside of the Soupy Sales incident. Does that disqualify me?

On edit: I see meyers beat me to the punch. I'm sure we could form a whole pool of BYers for them to choose, we could be a regular feature.

Reaction Score
Around 10:24 in.
What a putz (as in: one who is engaged in inconsequential or unproductive activity). Fun to watch a couple men wasting time talking junk. I need a beer and chips to rewatch. The Boneyard is MUCH better place to spend your time. It is fun to hear that the BY has gotten to DiMauro. He actually deserves it. Hope he loses sleep. :cool: (Mike, the glasses are to maintain my anonymity)

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
What a fatuous BC a-wipe, and I'm sorry but this is a largely a discussion about themselves and their persecution complex because of "those people" (the misogynist, racist, apathetic) types. Please everybody, lighten up on these guys. Do not accuse them of stealing or being oversensitive. Do not accuse them of being illogical and clueless, of flaming to pick up readers. A few points.

• No, Mikey. The BY has been resolute in naming you a BC sycophant. You only use ND as a tool in your annual try to discredit UConn's chances for an NC. Wear your green tie this year as you say you "might have to" because you definitely aren't getting a chance with the Eagles' maroon and gold stripes this year. But for you, any color except blue and white is always fine.
  • No Mike it was not 2005 and your flaming with the "not enough white faces" article that first got you discredited, though you've forgotten so much of what you've written (with good reason) that you can't remember the earlier crap. Celebrating the "rubble" of the UConn NC season in 2003 after its only loss in the BET was what first clued me in to your ideology. I was really surprised Mikey didn't try to bury the Huskies this season when the game at Baylor wasn't a blow-out.
  • So here again Mikey is shown stuttering over the illogic of his latest idiocy over ND, and using it to again smear the Husky fans because they are picking on the poor pile of flounder. First he says he is hurt because BYers got on him for suggesting the ND should be the favorite because they play in a tougher conference, but then starts to backtrack by blubbering that the Irish only "probably" have a stronger schedule. Whatever, the Massey SOS for the two teams is very close at #2 and #3, and I didn't know that having a stronger SOS determined who was the better team, you dim-witted clown. Was UTenn better than UConn back in 2002 when they had by far the best SOS and RPI? The B12 is rated as the strongest conference in the country by Sagarin, better than the ACC, so should Baylor be the top ranked team in the nation? UNC is rated with a much better SOS than Louisville and is in Mikey's hallowed ACC, so should the two teams switch places in the rankings? The guy knows he has no point except to flame the UConn fans, so of course he can only blubber.
  • And as for Jeff, you had me sold on your stupidity with the "Boneyarders are the smartest people in the world." Totally clueless. Plus I think he stole that idea from one of the BY's dumber posters, though I'd never be dumb enough to say that after reading the huge corpus of mindlessness that gets posted here every hour.
And I'm threatening Jeff right now. I'm going to send him links to Mikey's stupidest posts over the last 15 years and dare him to reread them. Recovery period would be a lot longer than the one for mono.

Reaction Score
We are stupid. We prove it regularly but that still has nothing to do with Mike's issues and his necessity to be controversial. If they wanted to know who some of the Boneyarders they could stop by at the pregame meeting or at halftime. It isn't like all the Boneyarders are hiding.
Where do you all meet pre game or halftime? I am coming up for the game on Sat and would love to stop by and meet some of you.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If you're reading this, Kirk Sinclair here, from Norfolk, CT.
Norfolk, I was out in your neck of the woods a few months ago at the Infinity Music Hall. Nice place.

On edit: I see meyers beat me to the punch. I'm sure we could form a whole pool of BYers for them to choose, we could be a regular feature.
Damn straight I did. ;)

A pool of us would probably scare them though. Besides the fact it would validate us. (and we know that can never happen :rolleyes:)

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I love the idea of a BY show, with TonyC doing the color. I'd love to hear the comments, the predictions, everything...but hey, I can already to that right here! It's so great.
PS I'll be giving a talk in Knoxville next weekend...and might go to the Hall of Fame. Has anyone ever been? Is it worth it?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
It's too bad no one was there to challenge MD on his assertion that ND has played a tougher schedule than UConn. Granted the ACC is tougher than the AAC. But that's means squat in Women's basketball because it is much less competitive than Men's BB. So, let's look at the facts: UConn has played 6 top ten teams, ND has played 3, 4 count Duke twice, 5 if you count #11 Tenn. Common opponents: ND beat Penn State by 10, UConn beat them by 19. ND beat MD by 4 at MD, UConn beat MD by 17 at home. ND beat a depleted Duke team by 21, UConn beat Duke at full strength ( with a healthy Chelsea Gray) by 22 at Duke. Additionally, UConn beat #3 Stanford by 19, and #4 LV by 17. The facts speak for themselves, but I wish someone could have challenged Mike with the facts.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Where do you all meet pre game or halftime? I am coming up for the game on Sat and would love to stop by and meet some of you.

Usually halftime only. I won't be there. I usually know how to find it, but went to the wrong place last game, so it would be best if someo0ne else identifies which corner.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
What disturbs me about Mike's comments in this show, is that he's inferring that fans aren't attending games because of not enough white players on the team originally came from a member of the UConn Basketball family. IMHO not a player, but from the coaches or athletic department staff. The others on the panel agreed with him that it was not his original idea. I remember that column and haven't reread it, but from what I recall, it was written as if it was his opinion, not one expressed to him by others in the UConn family. If it not, your original opinion then report on where the opinion originally came from and then opine on whether you agree with it or not. Obviously Mike agrees with the opinion.

If UConn's staff do believe that, then what are they doing to overcome that belief. I don't live in CT, but follow everything I can and I don't see UConn's Marketing Department expending great efforts in publicizing the team and the players using the various social media outlets that many other schools use. I'm not impressed with the timeliness of news reporting or quality of UConnhuskies.com When was the last time you read something about the accomplishments of the former players that are currently playing overseas that was initiated by UConn. Instead they rely of the horde to do their job for them.

Other then a release written on Feb 20th, there's nothing about the accomplishments of Bria and Stef that would encourage fans to attend Senior day on UConnhuskies.com. http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/022014aaa.html. Release doesn't say Bria and Stef are going up on the Wall of Honor during the ceremony.

There is a drop in attendance because of ticket prices, availability of games on TV and IMHO UConn does a poor job publicizing the players/team by having marketing campaigns that would encourage the casual sports fan to attend a game. Also, have to take into consideration that many of the fans that attended the game when the program first became great were older and now may not be able to attend the games. UConn needs to market the team to attract younger fans. IMHO race does not enter in the equation, Marketing and Price does.

Another thing that bothered me, was when Mike was making the issue about him when he stated he would wear a Green Tie if UConn were to play ND. Don't know if he was serious, but knowing Mike he probably was, just to get the publicity and throw darts at UConn fans in particular Boneyard posters. As I've expressed on this board, I don't think he was far off when he wrote the column on ND meeting UConn. With Morgan's injury and Kaleena's illness the game could be much closer then many would have predicted in the beginning of the year. UConn is weaker today then at the beginning of the year, and ND's play indicates they are stronger then many believed at the beginning of the year.

Last edited:

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
It's too bad no one was there to challenge MD on his assertion that ND has played a tougher schedule than UConn. Granted the ACC is tougher than the AAC. But that's means squat in Women's basketball because it is much less competitive than Men's BB. So, let's look at the facts: UConn has played 6 top ten teams, ND has played 3, 4 count Duke twice, 5 if you count #11 Tenn. Common opponents: ND beat Penn State by 10, UConn beat them by 19. ND beat MD by 4 at MD, UConn beat MD by 17 at home. ND beat a depleted Duke team by 21, UConn beat Duke at full strength ( with a healthy Chelsea Gray) by 22 at Duke. Additionally, UConn beat #3 Stanford by 19, and #4 LV by 17. The facts speak for themselves, but I wish someone could have challenged Mike with the facts.
Well actually, you just did. And you know BCgenius is reading them right now.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
What disturbs me about Mike's comments in this show, is that he's inferring that fans aren't attending games because of not enough white players on the team originally came from a member of the UConn Basketball family. IMHO not a player, but from the coaches or athletic department staff.
Mikey comes from the lowest form of the journalism ranks, and I pity any poor sap of an interviewee who would reveal anything thoughtful to him. In this case he could take a remark by maybe a coach from a list of how things have changed for the UConn team over the years, and then blow it up for his "racist fans" column. But he can always shift the blame from his own slimy self to some UConn contact.

That's Mikey for you, and the display on TV by him that Jeff was trying to tamp down smacked closely of blackmail. He's saying "I know who gave me that idea" (as does Jeff), and "I could reveal it at any time and make that UConn contact look rally bad. But I'm such a nice guy that I won't." BS you scambag clown. The Day should have sent you packing many many years ago, but it knows it has a Grima Wormtongue troll around that will at least get it some attention.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Does that make me an honorary "dumb" boneyarder? I'll wear that title with pride...
You are officially a Dumb-Bone. In some places you can wear the badge with pride, but there are areas in the south I'd stay clear of.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm not sure I would agree with stupid. There are many BY'ers on this site who know much more about the team than any announcers (I'm not talking about Wolters or Pattyson, rather the ESPN pundits), and often times even the horde gets breaking news or some other info from the BY. But I also think there are a lot of "fans" on the board, who aren't necessarily overly knowledgeable or do any kind of research, but rather just enjoy reading and posting.

I think the Horde is different in that they actually do research and interviews when writing about the UCONN women's team, but other hacks like Dimauro who follow the team from the periphery are totally incompetent when it comes to spouting opinions on the Huskies...

Last edited:

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
So because we disagree with him about ND being able to beat UConn - not because we are loyal fans, no – we are the dumbest fans…ok

I would just consider the source.

Disrespectfully yours,

A dumb fan

Seriously - or not, it appears that they are touching on the negative posts about them - well of course, it's all about them. There is so much more to the BY than negative commentary about their contributions to the media. Granted there is some -er- posts here that make me shudder, but please - there is a lot of good information and fun, too. As such, the kindergarten-esque remarks about the BY anonymity are just ridiculous. Yes, a forum is supposed to be anonymous in theory, however posting to a public forum where we can meet in a public place before and during games does not denote anonymous posture at all, and neither is posting pictures of these meetings. Sarcasm alert: And I am quite sure that before this broadcast, they asked the BY if someone would come on the show giving their real name and defending the BY stance on their opinion of MD, and receiving negative responses, can now throw this debasing "invitation" out feeling secure that we will scurry like rats into our hole.

Personally I believe that it's just BoneYard baiting.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Simple question: If we're all so dumb why does he read the BY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom