Mike & Mike's under 25 Mount Rushmore | The Boneyard

Mike & Mike's under 25 Mount Rushmore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This morning on Mike & Mike on ESPN radio they asked which athletes under 25 will we look back in 10 years and say they were the dominant player in their sport. McDavid in hockey, Anthony Davis in basketball, Mike Trout, baseball. Golic was pushing for Misty Franklin, the woman's swimmer to be on it. No other woman was really being looked at hard across all woman's sports. It seems from what I hear nobody but me thinks a certain Uconn senior to be last name Stewart deserved to make this list of future superstars. If 1 player can dominate (and it's on both ends of the floor) I think Stewart is that player.

Reaction Score
funny, i heard them mention EDD Griner and Diggins. even references their draft class as what had to be the best crop of 3 players ever.

Reaction Score
It would likely be different if Ms Stewart came to UConn and totally turned things around with her domination. But, alas, such is not the case. It could easily be argued that UConn would have won the last two national championships without the best player in WCBB.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
It would likely be different if Ms Stewart came to UConn and totally turned things around with her domination. But, alas, such is not the case. It could easily be argued that UConn would have won the last two national championships without the best player in WCBB.
No, it could not.

Reaction Score
Stewart is dominating the college portion of the sports. She did not turned things around at UConn as she had a great supporting cast. (Taurasi did not have such luxury during her last two years. )I believe Mike&Mike meant the whole sport not just the college portion of it. So we need to see if she dominates at world stage..

Reaction Score
No, it could not.

So, basically you are conceding that Coach Auriemma, great coach that he is, would not have won national championships with teams that had four WNBA first round draft choices to go along with Morgan Tuck and Moriah Jefferson? What game(s) during the past two seasons could UConn not have won without the best player in WCBB?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maya turned 26 about a month ago. If the category had been 25 and under and the discussion was before June 11, selecting Maya would have been a no-brainer.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So, basically you are conceding that Coach Auriemma, great coach that he is, would not have won national championships with teams that had four WNBA first round draft choices to go along with Morgan Tuck and Moriah Jefferson? What game(s) during the past two seasons could UConn not have won without the best player in WCBB?
Well Stanford for one. :cool: (you make it too easy)

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
What game(s) during the past two seasons could UConn not have won without the best player in WCBB?

Probably whatever games we'd play against the best player in WCBB. Stewart is too good. Dee good. Maya good. Not your average #1 out of HS (no offense to KML, KLS, ABC, DEF, et. al)

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Well, I'm assuming if Stewie wasn't at UConn, she'd be at another top 5 program. What if she were at ND? Not saying UConn doesn't win three in a row, but it isn't "easily argued".

Reaction Score
Stewart is dominating the college portion of the sports. She did not turned things around at UConn as she had a great supporting cast. (Taurasi did not have such luxury during her last two years. )I believe Mike&Mike meant the whole sport not just the college portion of it. So we need to see if she dominates at world stage..
That's not what they meant. They want to know who do you feel under age 25 is most likely based on talent intangibles ect to be the dominant player the next 10 years. Ben Simmons hasn't played a game at LSU and some people think he's the next Lebron. Golic voted for a infielder for the Houston Astros whose been in the majors 25 games. The #1 pick in the NHL draft is being compared to Gretsky. It's not based on what Breanna does at Uconn, but can she be an all time great based on what our eyes tell us she maybe when we look back in 10 years.
Dominate on a world stage? She's already has accomplished more with team USA then any woman ever had before at this age. She's been the MVP of how many gold medal winning team USA teams. She played on the world university games team with college seniors while still in high school and was the best player. She's the only college player on the National team. Oh, and at Uconn she's 3 for 3 in titles, and FF MVP's (I know you thought it should be Moriah) I believe right now she is among the best 20 players in the world (line up ever pro and her and have a draft and who would you take over her if you were building a team?) I think with her size and skill set she'll be one of the greats, and that's the hypothetical question they asked. This is fantasy not reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom