Mike Aresco on College Football Live | The Boneyard

Mike Aresco on College Football Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice clip of Mcummings! Yes he seems like a home run, lets just hope its not too late.

Reaction Score
Like this hire. The question remains the same though, will the Presidents at the schools stay loyal to each other, or will any of UConn, Louisville, or Rutgers bolt at an offer before the Big East gets to work out its new deal.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It's funny; every time Tessitore opens his mouth, I want to punch it. I'll paraphrase the highlight of the clip:

Tessitore: "How do you feel about the Big 5?"
Aresco: "It's the Big 6, Joe."

Nice. Now someone punch Tessitore in the mouth...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"You want to make sure that the inventory is intelligently allocated and you want to make sure that everyone has the exposure they need. That has to be a key part of the equation."

Thank you.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
At this moment... I still feel like I'd like UConn to find a new conference home. But I know the reality of the situation likely points to extended time in the Big East... and hearing Aresco speak gives me more hope for the BE than I've had in a long time.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
At this moment... I still feel like I'd like UConn to find a new conference home. But I know the reality of the situation likely points to extended time in the Big East... and hearing Aresco speak gives me more hope for the BE than I've had in a long time.

These are not mutally exclusive. It's a very good day for the NNBE, best it's had in quite some time but, I am still accepting an offer from the B1G or the ACC at this point. This mish is still too mashy for my liking.

Reaction Score
Why no mention of funneling games to RAYCOM or wherever else his kids might work? If there is an "old boy" fraud angle to play here I think we need to do it so we are not left out of the popularity-based, espn-proclaimed big 5.

Reaction Score
Finally, a Big East guy has the "Big 5" crap brought up and he promptly tells Tessitore to nicely go fook himself.

Much better than the "rub of the green" nonsense we got from Bailey.

I like this guy already.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Finally, a Big East guy has the "Big 5" crap brought up and he promptly tells Tessitore to nicely go fook himself.

Much better than the "rub of the green" nonsense we got from Bailey.

I like this guy already.
Amen.

Reaction Score
He would not have given up his exec VP position at CBS unless he really thought there was some value to the BE.
thank you this guy had a kick ass job he gave up for this so it seems like he is in it for the long haul

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Makes me wonder what due dilligence CBS Sports may have performed in terms of BE valuations.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Makes me wonder what due dilligence CBS Sports may have performed in terms of BE valuations.

I had that same thought, but if you recall, they were the ones who were spouting the absolute "low-ball" number that was being floated out there:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...edia-pot-big-east-facing-deal-of-its-lifetime

"A $60 million deal per year (as speculated by CBSSports.com's sources, slightly better than their low end) would be worth $4 million each for the 10 full members; $3 million each to the four football-only members; and $1 million each to the eight non-football members."

I'm feeling really good about Aresco, but I was wondering if he had any part in that statement above...

EDIT: (SEE POST BELOW)

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Correction: it was an industry source who told CBS. It's unclear to me now if the industry source came from within CBS or not. I have to give credit where credit is due, since former CBS president Pilson said otherwise:

"Neil Pilson, a media consultant and former president of CBS Sports, told the New York Times he believes the Big East could surpass the $130 million-per-year deal rejected last year."

My bad. I'll work on the reading comprehension!! Visiting the WVU board earlier must have zapped a few of my good brain cells...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom