Michigan Gal tells me UConn is BIG | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Michigan Gal tells me UConn is BIG

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Thought this was gonna end with "B.I.G., P.O.P.P.A. / No info for the C.T. ... A..."

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
In NYC...

Shots fired. Let's party.

Wrong.

Signed, a long-time NYC resident who thinks NYC is superior to New Haven in all respects except one.

Reaction Score
Wrong.

Signed, a long-time NYC resident who thinks NYC is superior to New Haven in all respects except one.

You're crazy.

Signed, a lifelong NYCer who thinks New Haven pizza is completely overrated. Just cause your ovens are old and stone doesn't make your pizza better or ingredients fresher.

Reaction Score
"MMA Fighter Brye Anne Russillo says Big Breasts Not Helping"

With all due respect, I would disagree.

In her day job, all other things being equal, bigger t$t$ = bigger tip$

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So is it time to create our very own "Penthouse Letters" sub-forum, devoted to CR?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You're crazy.

Signed, a lifelong NYCer who thinks New Haven pizza is completely overrated. Just cause your ovens are old and stone doesn't make your pizza better or ingredients fresher.

It's not one thing that makes them better. It's the totality. Yes, the brick ovens help, but it's the sauce and the crust. "Fresh ingredients"? OK, Papa John.

"NYC Pizza" isn't even a thing, it's a group of unrelated restaurants, none of which approach the perfection achieved by Frank Pepe and mimicked (and/or improved upon) by Sal Consiglio. Modern and Bar make New Haven a great pizza town, but they don't come close to Pepe's and Sally's. They'd be solid NYC pizzerias, though.

When I moved to NYC, I tried Lombardi's and Grimaldi's right away. Meh. John's Pizza got rave reviews. Tasted like cardboard. What else you got? DiFara? Keste?

Reaction Score
It's not one thing that makes them better. It's the totality. Yes, the brick ovens help, but it's the sauce and the crust. "Fresh ingredients"? OK, Papa John.

"NYC Pizza" isn't even a thing, it's a group of unrelated restaurants, none of which approach the perfection achieved by Frank Pepe and mimicked (and/or improved upon) by Sal Consiglio. Modern and Bar make New Haven a great pizza town, but they don't come close to Pepe's and Sally's. They'd be solid NYC pizzerias, though.

When I moved to NYC, I tried Lombardi's and Grimaldi's right away. Meh. John's Pizza got rave reviews. Tasted like cardboard. What else you got? DiFara? Keste?

Lombardi's and Grimaldi's are overrated. My general rule of thumb is that if you've heard of a NYC pizzeria outside of NYC, it's probably not the best.

My favorite spot is New Park Pizza in Howard Beach, Queens. Tremendous sauce, great dough, not too much cheese. It's perfect. It's what I was raised on.

Reaction Score
What the hell does 'not too much cheese' even mean?

Personal preference. I'm a sauce guy over cheese. Give me a really good marinara that's not buried underneath layers of cheese and I'm happy.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Lombardi's and Grimaldi's are overrated. My general rule of thumb is that if you've heard of a NYC pizzeria outside of NYC, it's probably not the best.

My favorite spot is New Park Pizza in Howard Beach, Queens. Tremendous sauce, great dough, not too much cheese. It's perfect. It's what I was raised on.

So,,,,,,,,,now that we've heard of New Park Pizza, it's not any good?

Reaction Score
Cheese is delicious, and you, sir, are a thief of joy.

YOU'RE ALL OUT OF ORDER

Though I think we can pat ourselves on the back for successfully derailing this thread.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
YOU'RE ALL OUT OF ORDER

Though I think we can pat ourselves on the back for successfully derailing this thread.

George-Bush-Mission-accomplished.jpg

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
So I know the lyric is DEA; what is "C.T....A..."?
That's me trying and failing to think of a realignment related rhyme.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Boneyard flow chart.

Opening post---->Confusion---->duck* it, let's talk about pizza.
Opening post---->Confusion---->Some idiot suggesting we drop football----->duck* it, let's talk about pizza.

Reaction Score
Dear CR Board -

I never thought this would happen to me, but when Jim Delany showed up at my house wearing nothing but a throwback Khalid El-Amin jersey, I knew things were about to get crazy.

Shouldn't we call you Caitlyn instead of Bruce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom