Michelle V Breaks down Lincoln Region | The Boneyard

Michelle V Breaks down Lincoln Region

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Her focus was on BYU in the game with Uconn. What about an analysis Uconn's ability to counter whatever BYU has. Likely a rout, but she can't say that on an ESPN site.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Her focus was on BYU in the game with Uconn. What about an analysis Uconn's ability to counter whatever BYU has. Likely a rout, but she can't say that on an ESPN site.

Did you read what she said?

BYU's 6-foot-7 center Jennifer Hamson has been a very large presence in the Cougars' first two NCAA tournament games. She averaged 13.5 points, 16.5 rebounds and 6.5 blocks in BYU's victories over NC State and Nebraska.

What will UConn do against her size? One thing for sure is try to draw her out away from the basket. The Huskies' 6-5 Stefanie Dolson and 6-4 Breanna Stewart are adept at hitting face-up jumpers. And Stewart adds a 3-point threat, having hit 46 treys this season.

So ... things might be a bit more interesting if, occasionally, UConn ever-so-slightly looked past a foe that is expected to be overmatched by the Huskies. But it just doesn't happen. The current players know a lot about UConn's past and don't want to be the ones who drop the torch.

The Huskies' ability to stay focused on the task at hand is likely to prevent any letdown that might be expected when a 1-seed faces a 12.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score

Plus, I can tell you that Mechelle Voepel does not have any problem criticizing ESPN on ESPN.com:

I don't mind because I have DirecTV and the way ESPN handles the Sweet 16 and beyond is above reproach having them as stand alone quads, but do you understand the complaints about whiparound coverage which stays on blowouts of mismatches rather than actually going to competitive games and also focuses on the big schools rather than more compelling and competitive middle seed matchups, especially in round 1.

Mechelle Voepel
Yes, I do understand, and I'm not sure what ESPN's reasoning is behind it. I can ask folks on the TV side and see what their thoughts are on this. Obviously, I don't have any input on what they do.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Let me break it down: no need for anybody to show up other than UCONN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom