2025 Recruiting: - Meleek Thomas wants to visit UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Meleek Thomas wants to visit UConn

Reaction Score
can anyone shed any light on what this post says (or who posted it). IG is blocked at work.

Reaction Score
Definitely afraid of Arkansas doubling whatever our NIL offer is, which is reportedly how committed the Tyson guy and Jerry Jones are to Cal. He’s a winner if he turns them down to come here for sure.
That’s what the beauty of the landscape is now. If he comes then he’s a real keeper. If he doesn’t then it wasn’t the right fit. Not every pairing is meant to be a marriage. The right kids will see the value and want to be here.

Reaction Score
Definitely afraid of Arkansas doubling whatever our NIL offer is, which is reportedly how committed the Tyson guy and Jerry Jones are to Cal. He’s a winner if he turns them down to come here for sure.
As noted, if he is looking for a check first and foremost (which is his right), good luck to him elsewhere.

And it won't be UConn vs. Arkansas - it will be Arkansas doubling the UK and KU offers.

Reaction Score
Which one? They all basically say that Thomas wants to visit UConn and Arkansas. UConn some time in June.

I saw the post from queue the music that said he wanted to visit ARK and UConn in June. just curious if there was additional detail in that IG post from earlier today.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
As an Eagles fan, I now have a college basketball reason to hate Jerry Jones. Strange happenings. Mind you, the stinking Cowboys had to bring Ezekiel Elliot back because Jerry is focused on Arkansas basketball.

Reaction Score
Five-star Meleek Thomas to take visits in June

Not much has changed on the recruiting front for the 6-foot-4 combo guard. He still plans to visit UConn and Arkansas, saying he will look to take some visits in June and then some more over the rest of the summer.

“I want to let God tell me when to take all of my visits and just ease into it [visits].”

God must be a UConn fan.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
That’s what the beauty of the landscape is now. If he comes then he’s a real keeper. If he doesn’t then it wasn’t the right fit. Not every pairing is meant to be a marriage. The right kids will see the value and want to be here.
Completely agree. DH not going to sell out the culture after all it has produced for anyone. That would be "self defeating behavior." If he or any other one year wonder was so great they'd only be here for one year anyway. Our program from top to bottom sells itself. There are no plastic used car banners hanging in Storrs.

Reaction Score
Hey Nate, remember the Final Four? When you guys played us really well and still lost by 14? Remember that?

Kimani to Preston- do you remember that because I totally do?

(I am maybe not a good friend because I would definitely do that)

Reaction Score
Completely agree. DH not going to sell out the culture after all it has produced for anyone. That would be "self defeating behavior." If he or any other one year wonder was so great they'd only be here for one year anyway. Our program from top to bottom sells itself. There are no plastic used car banners hanging in Storrs.
I saw another article on AJ Dybantsa this morning where he talks about how he got a Duke offer and a Kentucky offer and he was happy to get all the blue bloods to offer. No mention of UConn again. I obviously don't know what the story is but I'm going to guess that UConn decided not to recruit him any farther because there was something they decided didn't fit. We just have to trust Hurley with recruiting. He has a plan and he's sticking to it.

Reaction Score
Hey Nate, remember the Final Four? When you guys played us really well and still lost by 14? Remember that?

Danny and Kimani both drinking large coffees. Which recruit commented on the amount of caffeine they must consume? Liam's mother perhaps? When she said the UConn coaches got more done within the first 15 minutes than every other coach gets done in an hour. Our guys don't mess around.

Reaction Score
Why do you and other posters sell the kid short when Hurey is still actively recruiting him? At this point they obviously like him. It's an unnecessary pre judgement.
Just questionable, that's all. Not judging.

Reaction Score
I saw another article on AJ Dybantsa this morning where he talks about how he got a Duke offer and a Kentucky offer and he was happy to get all the blue bloods to offer. No mention of UConn again. I obviously don't know what the story is but I'm going to guess that UConn decided not to recruit him any farther because there was something they decided didn't fit. We just have to trust Hurley with recruiting. He has a plan and he's sticking to it.

He is an amazing talent. I don't know why they wouldn't be recruiting him other than not wanting to get into a bidding war if he's looking for top NIL or if there is some sort of concern over program cultural fit.

Too bad if that's the case since he's a New England kid.

Based on the success the past two seasons, I trust the staff knows what they are looking for.

Reaction Score
Danny and Kimani both drinking large coffees. Which recruit commented on the amount of caffeine they must consume? Liam's mother perhaps? When she said the UConn coaches got more done within the first 15 minutes than every other coach gets done in an hour. Our guys don't mess around.
It was Mahaney's dad.

Reaction Score
That was Aidan Mahaney's father that made the comment about how much caffeine the coaching staff consumed.

Reaction Score

It's got to be hard to maintain a friendship when you have to go head to head for the recruits that keep your program strong.

Reaction Score
UConn: “Coach [Dan] Hurley is a world-renowned name. He’s in the building, and I can’t let up with that kind of coach; there’s no breaks, no time off, and I’m just keeping my foot on the gas.”

200.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom