Megan Walker Video | The Boneyard

Megan Walker Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting! This was my first good look at her. We've been hearing the buzz and IMO she delivers

Loved how UCONN was mentioned first for her choices...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
After watching this very impressive video, several thoughts come to mind.

1. Megan has got some serious basketball skills.

2. She has developed a serious work ethic, and has been well coached. She has consistently over the past 7-8 years, put in the kind of time and effort that any coach will appreciate and respect.

3. She's a baller!! (and has a higher than average BB IQ)

4. I'm assuming that she doesn't like to lose (few do). So that may play also be a factor in her decision of where to go. If winning is important to her, she's not going to a program that isn't already winning. She's going to a top ranked program.

Players of her caliber that can go practically anywhere they want to, don't generally choose mid-majors, or division two schools. Their AAU coaches and family has already set their hearts and sites on one or several of the top tier programs in the country.

You know as well as I do, ANY of the top five D-1 schools would love to have her. They'd all send a limo to pick her up at her house, or the airport (and I wouldn't be surprised in some cases if the head coach was driving).

I don't know her, so I can't say what's important to her. But if she wants to cash in all of the long hours and hard work she's put in over the past few years, she will choose a program that will provide her with a "high quality" education, as well as give her the best chance to win a championship or two, IF that's important to her.

Winning a NC is not the goal of every athlete. For some, walking across that stage or platform in four years and receive their diploma is their main goal and reason for choosing a program. All of them don't think like we do: NC or bust. ;)

And yes, I'm thinking just like everyone else that views this video. I hope she comes to UConn. I would love to read on this thread that she has committed to Huskie Nation. To say that she would be an asset to "our" program would be an gross understatement. :cool: Deuces, I'm out.

Reactions: HGN

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Nice video, but based on this all you can say is that she is well trained, not well coached - coaching (and BBIQ) has to do with teamwork, spacing, and all the rest. This shows a kid working hard on all the individual skills that can elevate a well coached player to becoming a great player. But it is also one of the things that most college coaches worry about - too much time spent on those individual skills with a trainer and too little spent with 9 other kids on a court with a coach directing their efforts.

From everything I have read, she plays very well and is a good teammate as well - not trying to be a downer on here. Just that skills training is only part of the package.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Nice video, but based on this all you can say is that she is well trained, not well coached - coaching (and BBIQ) has to do with teamwork, spacing, and all the rest. This shows a kid working hard on all the individual skills that can elevate a well coached player to becoming a great player. But it is also one of the things that most college coaches worry about - too much time spent on those individual skills with a trainer and too little spent with 9 other kids on a court with a coach directing their efforts.

From everything I have read, she plays very well and is a good teammate as well - not trying to be a downer on here. Just that skills training is only part of the package.

What you say is true. What you said is so obvious, I didn't think it needed to be mentioned or addressed. It's a given. Like when you see a player knock down ten 3's in a row, you figure (assume) they've spent some time in the gym. You don't have to mention it. I went back and watched the video a second time. Anderson said she's been with their program since she was in the 4th or 5th grade. In addition to training and doing drills, they also scrimmage, and play games against other programs and AAU teams.

This is where (I guessing) that she has also been taught how to play the game. She's been taught the x's and the O's. I didn't mention that specifically, I took it for granted that others would assume like me, that he is also her team coach (or one of her coaches), as well as one of her drill coaches.

I'm also assuming that all of the time she has spent there at the academy has not been spent on just doing drills. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that ANY player, not just her that is willing to put in the amount of time she has on drills, has got to be a student of the game, and therefore fundamentally sound as well as being able to play with others within the framework of team play.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I went above and beyond claiming on another thread that Megan Walker should be (and probably is) our number one priority in recruiting, but am I the only one bothered by the Megatron thing? Will she be bringing specially labeled sneakers and an entourage? Probably just a kid having fun with her image.

Reaction Score
I went above and beyond claiming on another thread that Megan Walker should be (and probably is) our number one priority in recruiting, but am I the only one bothered by the Megatron thing? Will she be bringing specially labeled sneakers and an entourage? Probably just a kid having fun with her image.
Probably not her idea

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Kid said she "transformed" her game... suddenly we're talking about entourage and special sneakers smh!
Her name is MEGAn, just a play on her name and her getting better. The labels these kids get placed on them is crazy, shows a lot about the "assumer"

Reaction Score
Daddy Choc I'm sure you're right and that it is all just word play and not ego. She's far and away the best talent in her class and she's going to win big wherever she goes. You won't find me complaining if she winds up wearing a UCONN jersey.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Megan Walker and De'Janae Boykin playing together in a 2-on-2 scrimmage:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads