Megan Culmo | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Megan Culmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
Culmo is nowhere near or will never come near ESPN commentators level of analysis ....
As someone else pointed out; ESPN analysis talk about everything but the game, and they are very pro ACC and SEC teams.

Reaction Score
As someone else pointed out; ESPN analysis talk about everything but the game, and they are very pro ACC and SEC teams.
ESPN broadcasts SEC and ACC games on specific channels. Most of the color commentators seem to come from those conferences. Rebecca L is one of the exceptions.

Reaction Score
Obviously, this is a matter of personal taste, and my own inclination is to be generally pleased by Meghan’s analysis and overall performance. What really interests me is that, consciously or unconsciously, these “critques” seem to be tinged with an unmistakeable scent of misogyny. In virtually every sport, whether men’s or women’s, the presence of a female “color” commentator seems inevitably to elicit the strongest criricism from posters, the majority of whom appear to be of the male persuasion. The very same commentary that male broadcasters routinely get away with tends to bring out certain and predictable allusions to witches and harridans when offered by those of the female variety. Fundamentally, an awful lot of guys seem convinced that women have no rightful place in sports commentary, and are trigger happy to vent their annoyance at their presence, even where female sports are concerned!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Obviously, this is a matter of personal taste, and my own inclination is to be generally pleased by Meghan’s analysis and overall performance. What really interests me is that, consciously or unconsciously, these “critques” seem to be tinged with an unmistakeable scent of misogyny. In virtually every sport, whether men’s or women’s, the presence of a female “color” commentator seems inevitably to elicit the strongest criricism from posters, the majority of whom appear to be of the male persuasion. The very same commentary that male broadcasters routinely get away with tends to bring out certain and predictable allusions to witches and harridans when offered by those of the female variety. Fundamentally, an awful lot of guys seem convinced that women have no rightful place in sports commentary, and are trigger happy to vent their annoyance at their presence, even where female sports are concerned!
Interesting thoughts on the subject. But using your rationale, would it be your belief that the BYers who have posted their support for Meghan in this thread would be female?
I, for one, am male and did post that I like the work Meghan does on the game broadcasts.

Reaction Score
Interesting thoughts on the subject. But using your rationale, would it be your belief that the BYers who have posted their support for Meghan in this thread would be female?
I, for one, am male and did post that I like the work Meghan does on the game broadcasts.
That's right! Men and women usually assemble into two monolithic groups. NOT
Funny, this discussion is allowed to proceed. I mentioned the man/woman factor regarding Geno and Muffet and got instantly vaporized.
Here's a stone-age idea: maybe women are not as good at sports broadcasting because (glass ceiling?) because they are relatively new to it.
I'm a Malcolm Gladwell fan: read his chapter about 10,000 hours of practice. You can probably google it.

Reaction Score
why does she need the job anyway? her dad and brother were governors of new york. she should donate her time working at a museum. :)
So you are saying that Megan Pattyson Culmo is related to Andrew Cuomo? Might want to try again......

As for listening to Megan, I zero issues with her. I do have issues with the espn staff, the former tommy heinsohn and walton to name a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom