Meanwhile 2016 recruit puts UConn in top 7 | The Boneyard

Meanwhile 2016 recruit puts UConn in top 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pretty funny timing given Geno's other tweets tonight.

Bret McCormick ‏@ASGR1995
Kysre Gondrezick 5-9 G 2016 Benton Harbor HS MI narrowed to 7.Baylor UConn Louisville Maryland Mich St Notre Dame South Carolina.MW Elite

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Doesn't she have a sister - twin? - in the same class? or is her sister a year behind? IIRC, they were ranked #1 in their class much earlier - maybe when they were freshmen in high school?

Reaction Score
Doesn't she have a sister - twin? - in the same class? or is her sister a year behind? IIRC, they were ranked #1 in their class much earlier - maybe when they were freshmen in high school?
An older sister, committed to Michigan or Michigan State. I believe it was ASGR that rated them pretty high. I believe she was rated #1 at one time, and her sister in the Top 5 for 2015.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I didn't realize UConn is recruiting her. Surprising, if true.

Reaction Score
Below is an interesting article on the Gondrezick sisters. They are both lucky to be alive after surviving a head on collision while being driven to school.

These girls come from an impressive basketball background:
"Kyrse jokes that she had no choice but to play basketball, and when you consider her family's accomplishments, you can understand the sentiment.

(Mom) Lisa was a role player on Louisiana Tech's 1988 national championship team. She now coaches her daughters at Benton Harbor, her alma mater.

Her husband, Grant Gondrezick, 50, played two years in the NBA as a 6-5 shooting guard... and went on to play nine more years, mostly in Europe.

Grant's brother, Glen, had his number retired after his college career at UNLV and went on to play six years in the NBA. He died in 2009 due to heart failure. He was 53.

On the other side of the family, Lisa's father, Lou, was a highly successful junior college and high school coach before semi-retiring. Lou, 70, now serves as Lisa's assistant at Benton Harbor after vacating the head coaching position so Lisa could coach her daughters."

They are also very smart kids:
"The girls are more than just great athletes. Both are first in their class academically. Kalabrya has a 4.7 GPA. Kysre has a 4.6."

Link to full article:
http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-comme...ntinue-rich-family-tradition-basketball-court

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I didn't know we were recruiting her. And still don't. But she sounds like a great kid.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Pretty funny timing given Geno's other tweets tonight.

Bret McCormick ‏@ASGR1995
Kysre Gondrezick 5-9 G 2016 Benton Harbor HS MI narrowed to 7.Baylor UConn Louisville Maryland Mich St Notre Dame South Carolina.MW Elite

If she held a press conference to announce this, she still has six finalists remaining on her list.

Reaction Score
Below is an interesting article on the Gondrezick sisters. They are both lucky to be alive after surviving a head on collision while being driven to school.

Her husband, Grant Gondrezick, 50, played two years in the NBA as a 6-5 shooting guard... and went on to play nine more years, mostly in Europe.

Grant's brother, Glen, had his number retired after his college career at UNLV and went on to play six years in the NBA. He died in 2009 due to heart failure. He was 53.

I'm pretty sure Grant was in trouble for drugs & fighting in the NBA. I don't think he had a reputation as being a good person...

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Grant was in trouble for drugs & fighting in the NBA. I don't think he had a reputation as being a good person...

He was in trouble for more than that after the NBA. But I really try not to judge people by their parents. One example, Lorin Dixon. She's widely regarded as having good character. Her father on the other hand...

My point is, the Gondrezick sisters come from impressive basketball genetics. The fact that they are elite athletes with extremely high grade point averages makes me admire them even more after reading about their horrible head on collision and having known the things you mentioned about their father. I have no idea if UCONN is recruiting one or both of them. I just thought the ESPN article was an interesting read on overcoming adversity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom