MD at UNC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

MD at UNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
OK and Iowa St. tied at 67 with 47sec. to play....

'Cuse down 1 with 36 sec.

Reaction Score
That is kind of low scoring for four OTs.
I have only seen the last five minutes and the shooting seems a little poor. With only 71 points the first half my guess might end up being a little high if it goes four OTs . Maybe it will pick up the second half.

7T TO GO

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I like Mavunga a lot but she showed her youth by making an impressive block but then shouting something at the offensive player. I was glad to see the UNC interim coach call Mavunga aside and have a word with her right after that. Ah, the foibles of the young.

Agreed. She got emotional and the coach addresses it.

She is quite a talent. She is strong, works hard and can finish around the rim. Future AA, IMO. Maybe the best freshman in the country.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I like Mavunga a lot but she showed her youth by making an impressive block but then shouting something at the offensive player. I was glad to see the UNC interim coach call Mavunga aside and have a word with her right after that. Ah, the foibles of the young.

She could have received a technical for that.

Didnt like it at all.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
OK loses 3pt lead in final seconds.... game going to OT

UK down 1 to Florida at the half... at home

Reaction Score
How is UNC ranked 10th?!?! it's hard to determine why they look so bad. is it because they're so young or because of poor coaching?! Probably both.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Duke beats Ga Tech 64-47. Tech shoots 19-73 (26%) and 1-17 (5.9%) on threes. I know Lin Dunn thinks UConn blow-outs are bad for the game but so is the offense run by her protege's team. Thank goodness ESPN didn't televise this stinker.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Duke beats Ga Tech 64-47. Tech shoots 19-73 (26%) and 1-17 (5.9%) on threes. I know Lin Dunn thinks UConn blow-outs are bad for the game but so is the offense run by her protege's team. Thank goodness ESPN didn't televise this stinker.
What's bad for the game are sub-40% shooting, missed layups, scrums on the floor, and street ball offenses. So many teams are just unwatchable to me. Teams like UConn, Stanford, Marist, Gonzaga, and Green Bay are a joy to watch.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
There are occasional gaps in the announcers' observations … but I think during lots of the sloppy play, they don't know what to say.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What's bad for the game are sub-40% shooting, missed layups, scrums on the floor, and street ball offenses. So many teams are just unwatchable to me. Teams like UConn, Stanford, Marist, Gonzaga, and Green Bay are a joy to watch.
I switched the TV to watch the last hour of Raiders of the Lost Ark on Syfy. I'm going to go back and forth with The Empire Strikes Back.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
How is UNC ranked 10th?!?! it's hard to determine why they look so bad. is it because they're so young or because of poor coaching?! Probably both.

Just turned on the game; answer to your query…beats the crap outta me.

Reaction Score
LOL @ Diamond taking a short break from the game of basketball to celebrate her monster block - I was genuinely amused. Wonder what the ref was saying to her afterward.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
NC youth was on full display. Poor foul shooting...no, horrid foul shooting would be a more accurate description. Diamond is obviously extremely talented, sharp passes, fantastic handle, great body control in the air, very long on defense but her youth and emotionality is also obvious. Mavunga is going to be a handful. Coleman has a great mid-range jumper but her foul shooting makes her a liability. X. McDaniel is solid...she is North Carolina's Morgan Tuck. North Carolina may be the most athletic team in America. They will be better in March/April but this will not be their year. I would guess they will be a serious handful by March / April 2015.

Maryland, in my opinion did well to get out of the ACC and into the Big 10. I think going forward the Big 10 will be better for Maryland. Alyssa Thomas is going to be a great player in the "W".

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Let's give Maryland Coach Brenda Frese full credit for designing and implementing a superbly effective free throw defense that resulted in16 UNC misses.

Let's not forget the missed layups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle