McDonald's AA Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

McDonald's AA Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sadie Edwards hasn't been back in since the game started. Hope she didn't hurt something....
She was in a second time. Around the 11-10 minute mark. Didn't do much.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Any notable performances so far? I just got home so I will catch the 2nd half.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Did anyone catch the color commentator's comments on Wilson and the impact (per Aja) of certain teams having [already] lost in the Tournament? I was asleep at the switch but it sounded as though the losses were notable to Aja. Did anyone hear the whole exchange between the commentators? TIA

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Well, the commentators just said that Wilson told them that USC and Tennessee losing early in the tournament will be a factor in her decision. To what end, who knows. Maybe she wants to go somewhere that needs help? Or maybe she wants to go somewhere that wins national championships?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Atkins and the floater are no fluke!! She keeps doing it and doing it and doing it well

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
sarals24 said:
Well, the commentators just said that Wilson told them that USC and Tennessee losing early in the tournament will be a factor in her decision. To what end, who knows. Maybe she wants to go somewhere that needs help? Or maybe she wants to go somewhere that wins national championships?

Thx - That's what I thought I heard but wasn't sure..... Very interesting and somewhat intriguing comment from Ms. Wilson.

Would seem to auger well for us, but who knows.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Fascinating, as Spock would say. Go UConn....perhaps we are playing for the golden ring. In addition to the NC!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Belton missed a wide open breakaway layup. Hope you guys work on those at Duke ;)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
When asked again tonight (just now) what the deciding factors in her decision will be, Aja states her desire to find a school where she can have the best possible relationship with the coach (she also hints at the coach's quality as being a big factor) and, secondly, asks the question, "What can the school do for me afterwards? To help me get to the next level?" The latter point, at least, has been something she highlighted before. Good to hear that this point was top-of-mind for her when answering the question again courtside.

I like what i'm hearing so far this evening.

Last edited:

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Well, if you want to play on the Olympic team, I guess that could apply to USC or UConn. I think she's being purposefully obtuse.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

I always thought they would want to go where they would they like it best, but what do I know.....

U

UCONNfan1

When asked again tonight (just now) what the deciding factors in her decision will be, Aja states her desire to find a school where she can have the best possible relationship with the coach (she also hints at the coach's quality as being a big factor) and, secondly, asks the question, "What can the school do for me afterwards? To help me get to the next level?"

I like what i'm hearing so far this evening.
Hmm. Maybe I'm over simplifying something, but I think only one of the schools she's considering has a HC who is in the midst of his second Olympic head coaching gig... ;)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I always thought they would want to go where they would they like it best, but what do I know.....

I hear you - and she could still go to any of her final schools. No one knows.

But the grist for tonight's discussion mill is provided by plain, direct quotes from Aja herself. At least that's something.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Well, I am going by what the announcers said were factors in her decision, based on comments from Wilson herself. So obviously these things matter in terms of "liking it best".

U

UCONNfan1

Some fans have taken it to mean she that losing in the NCAA's indicates who "needs her" the most and that could be favorable for Tenn and SC. I say bull$hit but everyone will know by mid-april... Oh, and of course, the inevitable comments that UCONN would only stick her in the post to replace Dolson. Um... ok...:confused:

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Hmm. Maybe I'm over simplifying something, but I think only one of the schools she's considering has a HC who is in the midst of his second Olympic head coaching gig... ;)

Nice thought, but because of Staley's experience as a USA Olympic player her name has been very prominent as the next coach after Geno.

U

UCONNfan1

Nice thought, but because of Staley's experience as a USA Olympic player her name has been very prominent as the next coach after Geno.
Maybe but she's not there yet. Geno's been there twice. Or will be after 2016...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Staley as Olympic Coach in the future? Isn't it said that she does not play well with others? Not what I'd want in the Head Olympic Coach.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Announcer just said they both decommitted and considering UNC instead! :eek:

mad daffy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics