McCoy Announces Final 6 (no UConn) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

McCoy Announces Final 6 (no UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know everyone's excited about L Cox but I'm here to tell you first that she is not better than Joyner. I have watched them both since they were in the 5th grade, Cox is who she is and won't get much better, Joyner will continue to get better.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Cox will make an official visit to UConn. She is visiting all six schools officially, with Baylor likely being paid for by the family since it's close to home.
If the school does not pay for the visit, then it's an unofficial visit.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Aside from Cox, the other uncommitted 2016 post Geno has shown interest in is 6-9 Felicia Aiyeotan of Philadelphia.
I have been keeping an eye on her by attending games and talking to AAU and high schools coaches about Fee. There is growing consensus that she needs to make a giant leap to even be a UCONN contributor. Most would bet against it happening.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
If the school does not pay for the visit, then it's an unofficial visit.

It may technically be unofficial, but it will be her official visit. It's not like they have to roll out the red carpet for her, she and her family have visited Baylor multiple times.

It's smart using the five visits to other schools and pay for the sixth.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
It may technically be unofficial, but it will be her official visit. It's not like they have to roll out the red carpet for her, she and her family have visited Baylor multiple times.

Nothing "technical" about it. A school cannot pay for a single thing for a recruit or one adult family member (flight, gas, food, entertainment, etc.) if it is not an official visit.

A recruit is allowed 5 official (paid) visits; anything else is considered unofficial.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Had no clue SC was in the running for McCoy. Genuinely surprised. I thought Tennessee was the only SEC school she was looking at.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I had been wondering about Tori. I had heard that her parents, coaches, and Tori herself really liked UConn, but who knows what went awry?

In terms of OSU supplanting ND, I don't see that happening. They may become the second best team in the Midwest and maybe even pass Maryland in the conference, but the best I see for them is being able to compete with the Irish.

Reaction Score
iamcbs said:
You do realize tOSU returns the B1G Freshman of the Year and nation's leading scorer, as well as 3 HS AA's that were injured last season and next year they bring in Sierra Calhoun and Stephanie Mavunga two WCBB AA's both rated higher than any one ND has signed.

This is just not accurate. ND has 3 post player (#4 Reimer, #4 Boley #2 Turner) that were both ranked way higher than Mavunga who was #23 overall.
ND also has 3 Guards/Wings (#10 Ogunbowale, & #13 Patberg & #9 Young) that were rated higher that Sierra Calhoun who was # 16 overall.

I read it to be referring to ND's 2016 recruits. That is, both Calhoun and Mavunga are coming in in 2016 and are higher ranked than anyone ND has coming in as of now in 2016.

Reaction Score

Schools want to roll out the red carpet for you, an official visit is easier for the school because they can pay for everything

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I read it to be referring to ND's 2016 recruits. That is, both Calhoun and Mavunga are coming in in 2016 and are higher ranked than anyone ND has coming in as of now in 2016.
Then it is still wrong because in 2016 ND brings in # 5 Boley & #9 Young already.

Reaction Score
I thought I read on the Boneyard once that Geno only "offers" to players who visit UConn. Does anyone know if this is true or not? (since this post originally started with quesitons over McCoy /Cox were offered a scholly by Geno)

Reaction Score
When Coach Staley refused to insert Cox into the USA games at crunch time told me that there is something missing in her game........I do not know enough about her to make any judgements....I wish her well wherever she goes to school.....

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
This is just not accurate. ND has 3 post player (#4 Reimer, #4 Boley #2 Turner) that were both ranked way higher than Mavunga who was #23 overall.
ND also has 3 Guards/Wings (#10 Ogunbowale, & #13 Patberg & #9 Young) that were rated higher that Sierra Calhoun who was # 16 overall.
Mavunga is an AA in College, we're not talking about HS. Reimer and Turner were not. Sierra Calhoun was an All-ACC Player and Ogunbowale, Patberg, and aYoung have yet to play a College game. So we shall see how good they end up being, won't we?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
When Coach Staley refused to insert Cox into the USA games at crunch time told me that there is something missing in her game...I do not know enough about her to make any judgements....I wish her well wherever she goes to school.....
I think you may be reading too much into Dawn's decision. Dawn options in the post were Wilson, White, & Stevens all of who had completed Freshmen seasons of college ball and done very well. All three are two full seasons (Senior year of HS +1 Freshmen year of college) ahead of Cox-give her time. The fact that Dangerfield same age was in the game at crunch time speaks to how special Dangerfield is but also the options available to Dawn- namely that Dawn was missing Durr.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Mavunga is an AA in College, we're not talking about HS. Reimer and Turner were not. Sierra Calhoun was an All-ACC Player and Ogunbowale, Patberg, and aYoung have yet to play a College game. So we shall see how good they end up being, won't we?

Mavunga is not an All-American in college. She didn't get even an honorable mention from either the AP or WBCA. Turner was an honorable mention for both.

Sierra Calhoun being All-ACC is the most laughably wrong thing you've asserted in this thread. She left Duke before ACC play even started! So in that respect, she's played exactly the same number of ACC games as Patberg, Young, and Ogunbowale.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Agreed-we will both see. You threw me off with your use of the word "rated". I am not sure how you compare college players (AA status) to high school players without going back to how/ where they were rated in thier HS class. I don't remember Mavunga achieving AA status in college and I don't think Calhoun was at Duke long enough to achieve All-ACC player status.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Mavunga is not an All-American in college. She didn't get even an honorable mention from either the AP or WBCA. Turner was an honorable mention for both.

Sierra Calhoun being All-ACC is the most laughably wrong thing you've asserted in this thread. She left Duke before ACC play even started! So in that respect, she's played exactly the same number of ACC games as Patberg, Young, and Ogunbowale.
You continue to be one step ahead of me. This is me practicing my typing.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You're really not very good at this are you?

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
let's remember that how a player ends up is not just a function of their talent but also the coaching contribution to development!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
You're really not very good at this are you?
Spending time on the BY will do that to you. How many flat out whoppers have we seen from posters who were once likely of fine mind? Of course nothing can beat a journey through the Summitt \ VolNation world to turn your grasp on facts into a jelly fist.

BuckLucas

Bucks Are The Crux
Reaction Score
OMG. Please never buy stock in any kind of ratings from ESPN. They are a joke!
Includes all sports. I think Ohio State and Notre Dame are both going to be pretty good.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Disney Stock Price.png

OMG. Please never buy stock in any kind of ratings from ESPN. They are a joke!
Includes all sports. I think Ohio State and Notre Dame are both going to be pretty good.
Actually Buck ESPN ( Disney) stock has been pretty good for me.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If it pleases the court, PN's rankings of the same:

ND%2016%20PN.png
OSU%2016%20PN.png

Now how about Blue Star and ASGR :p

Ohio State has a excellent roster .. and hopefully can knock MD out of the top spot in the Big 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom