McCall to be on campus for 1st Night | The Boneyard

McCall to be on campus for 1st Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
at least we are starting to see some activity. feels like forever since our last verbal (Ekmark). it's been kind of a quiet summer, Olympics notwithstanding...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Still think she's likely going to Stanford, but good to still be in the running.
Also, doesn't look like Chong will visit Maryland, so it may be down to UConn-Ohio St-Louisville.

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2012/08/add-erica-mccall-to-list-of-first-night.html
th_This-Pleases-Me.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sounds good. Here's hoping they love it here.

Reaction Score
Hope they land her. Blue collar kid that doesn't demand the ball. But you know how those west coast kids usually do on the east coast. It's a crap shoot sometimes.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
This is good news - we've got a decent shot with her. She'd be a great addition to the crew. Workhorse type but also highly talented....

Reaction Score
Well the natural question is what is the schedule for Linae Harper?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Chong and McCall will both be there. If Linnae shows up Geno may have a trifecta up his sleeve.

Any word about Ekmark, Turner or Calhoun?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Chong and McCall will both be there. If Linnae shows up Geno may have a trifecta up his sleeve.

Any word about Ekmark, Turner or Calhoun?
Will you be there, signs in hand?!!!

Reaction Score
Well the natural question is what is the schedule for Linae Harper?
Prolly a lot like the schedule for Linnae Harper: http://tinyurl.com/925nmp3

Linnae is a 5-star player rated as a 97. Jumpin' Jehosaphat!

Little known fact: Linnae's father's name is Xavier. Does that qualify her as X-Girl II?

Reaction Score
This is good news - we've got a decent shot with her. She'd be a great addition to the crew. Workhorse type but also highly talented....
It's cool that Erica is the child of another head coach - this one at the college level. UConn 2014 commit Courtney Ekmark's dad is head coach of the current national high school champions back in Arizona.

Nothing like having your incoming players well trained before they get here, huh?

Reaction Score
Hope they land her. Blue collar kid that doesn't demand the ball. But you know how those west coast kids usually do on the east coast. It's a crap shoot sometimes.
Yeah, that Taurasi kid - what a flop!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
McCall and Chong on first night is the best news I have heard ALL day!!!!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I thought signs were now a no-no, following l'affair Maya?
How could you forget - it was the signs for EDD that landed the Boneyard, and an esteemed Boneyard elder, in hot water?

Reaction Score
How could you forget - it was the signs for EDD that landed the Boneyard, and an esteemed Boneyard elder, in hot water?

Oh I remember it well ... Which is why eric's post puzzled me.

The BY's finest days!

Who is responsible for Yard marketing? S/he should be fired. After the filing, you should've launched a promotional push with the tag line ... "They Boneyard: The message board the SEC doesn't want you to read!"

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Oh I remember it well ... Which is why eric's post puzzled me.

The BY's finest days!

Who is responsible for Yard marketing? S/he should be fired. After the filing, you should've launched a promotional push with the tag line ... "They Boneyard: The message board the SEC doesn't want you to read!"
I always love a good tagline, so I'm puzzled by this one. Not sure what the Securities and Exchange Commission has to do with it. My guess is that it isn't them, and "SEC" is an obscure acronym which has a meaning some small group understands.

Reaction Score
IMO, her father being a D1 coach is an advantage for the Huskies. If BB is her priority and her father has any input, the Huskies have a real shot at the signing.
But Stanford being closer to her home with a very good coach and being a great school does not help.

U

UCONNfan1

IMO, her father being a D1 coach is an advantage for the Huskies. If BB is her priority and her father has any input, the Huskies have a real shot at the signing.
But Stanford being closer to her home with a very good coach and being a great school does not help.
Geno has a pretty good track record with hoops players whose fathers are (or were) athletes and/or coaches. I have no idea what our chances are - i'd be curious to hear from some of our Stanford posters if they feel they lead for her or not.

Reaction Score
It wasn't the signs that nearly got our buddy court-martialed. It was his illicit trade in these dangerous recruiting tools that stirred the ire of our Southern brethren.

Then again, everything stirs the ire of our Southern brethren.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Agree - I think if she gets in at Stanford then it is hard to believe she will come to Uconn unless Geno and the girls absolutely wow her and her parents are fully behind it. Stanford is just a different league in terms of education*, and a very fine basketball school.
* I know education is what you put into it and Uconn is a good school ... but, there is a real world difference in a job interview between the two diplomas.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I defer to those fellow Boneyarders who have a tighter grasp of NCAA rules, but let me take the first shot at identifyingthe differences between official and unofficial visits.

Basically, unofficial visits are on the recruit and her family. All transportation, lodging, and meals. It is often a very positive sign when a recruit travels all the way to Storrs at family initiative and expense. I can think of a few (surely there are others) notable recruits who visited unofficially: Maya Moore, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis and Moriah Jefferson. And, more recently, Courtney Ekmark.

UConn (coaches, prospective teammates, faculty, administration, and student body) can roll out the welcome mat for official visitors like Chong and McCall will be in October. Among the activities:
  • A player acts as host to show the recruit around, take her to a class, hang out and (within strict guidelines) entertain her.
  • Lodging for the family at a comfortable on-campus facility.
  • The recruit gets to at least observe and possibly participate in a practice.
  • Meetings with coaches and selected faculty (as, major subject).
  • Choice seats at the SuperShow, surrounded by the UConn version of the Secret Service.
  • Possibly a scholly offer and the opportunity to accept.
This is a highly honed ritual. Geno doesn't get them all, but he consistently reels in his very unfair share of blue-chippers.

Reaction Score
When Saniya Chong visited in the spring, was that an unofficial or an official? Are players allowed to take more than one official visit at one school or are they limited to only one official visit per school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom