Maya v. EDD on ESPN2 now | The Boneyard

Maya v. EDD on ESPN2 now

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Chicago ahead early, but Whalen has Minny in front now... EDD being held in check.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
In shock Maya just missed a finger roll!

Reaction Score
Whalen is still carrying MN. And Quigley is keeping Sky in game. Sky down by 3 with 12 seconds.. Great game.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Sky are going to be tough to handle when Prince and Fowles return!

They played really great in a lost!

Reaction Score
Minny is without Peters, Brunson, and Wright currently. Monica Wright was sixth man of the year last season and the other 2 have been really missed on the inside. Beating the Lynx when they return will be a tall order.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Can't wait to see both these teams go at each other at full strength... Fingers crossed they're in the Finals!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maya has a nice black eye. She didn't score a lot, but defended well. The Olympic trio for Minnesota is very tough.

Chicago looked pretty good. I was impressed with Breland. I like Quigley too.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I was wondering when a team would realize that if you quit fouling EDD that she is not going to drop 20+ on you. Every other team would have sent her to the line 8 - 10 times. She had no attempts today so Minny must have consciously not fouled her.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I was wondering when a team would realize that if you quit fouling EDD that she is not going to drop 20+ on you. Every other team would have sent her to the line 8 - 10 times. She had no attempts today so Minny must have consciously not fouled her.

Or the refs didn't call any fouls because EDD gets fouled alot more than the refs actually call..

Reaction Score
Chicago with EDD is where I'd like to see Stewie go, it would be good for the league, and ESPN could push it for all its worth. The NBA in its early years when they struggled, made necessary adjustments to prosper.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Or the refs didn't call any fouls because EDD gets fouled alot more than the refs actually call..

I didn't get to see the game but I would have to assume that Minny played without fouling her much since the refs usually call enough fouls to put her on the line 8-10 times a game.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I didn't get to see the game but I would have to assume that Minny played without fouling her much since the refs usually call enough fouls to put her on the line 8-10 times a game.

There were a few times where I thought Elena should have been at the line....and Chicago only went to the line 7 times compared to 16 for Minn.

However, Elena missed some shots that she would normally make down the stretch....but I can't wait until Prince & Fowles are back so Elena won't be the main focus for defenses. :p

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
There were a few times where I thought Elena should have been at the line....and Chicago only went to the line 7 times compared to 16 for Minn.

However, Elena missed some shots that she would normally make down the stretch....but I can't wait until Prince & Fowles are back so Elena won't be the main focus for defenses. :p

It's tough being the one with the target on your back. When Fowles and Prince return I think Chicago will be the team to beat.

Last edited:

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
What was that I heard about the WNBA and the beginning of the end??? With talent like we saw on the floor tonight and the talent that has yet to arrive the WNBA isn't going anywhere!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I saw the second half and don't recall any blatantly missed calls, except maybe an offensive foul on Maya. Minnesota, and Maya in particular, guarded Elena pretty well.

Reaction Score
Maya's defense on EDD was outstanding.

Yep. Maya hounded her the entire game. EDD almost tied in on the last shot though. I've seen her make those types of shots.

Maya had a black eye and a cut on her pretty face. There's a pic of her collision with Simone on the ESPN site.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I saw the second half and don't recall any blatantly missed calls, except maybe an offensive foul on Maya. Minnesota, and Maya in particular, guarded Elena pretty well.

But you weren't watching from Coler's house...

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

She still had 16 and missed at least one open 3. Could have easily been 20+. Minnesota did a great job on EDD but it's not as simple as just deciding not to foul her. She baits defenders into fouls really well. And if you don't put a body on her she will usually knock down the jumper.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
She still had 16 and missed at least one open 3. Could have easily been 20+. Minnesota did a great job on EDD but it's not as simple as just deciding not to foul her. She baits defenders into fouls really well. And if you don't put a body on her she will usually knock down the jumper.

That's kind of my point. She missed a lot of shots but most teams don't make her earn her points from the field, instead they send her to the line and give her a lot of free points. Minnesota did not do that and she only had 16. If someone only shoots 41% (33rd in the league) from the field don't continue to send her to the line, where she is shooting 94%.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
She does what some UConn fans hate *unless it's a UConn player doing it* - draw fouls. She's aggressive, quick and get's ahead of her defenders. And, now that she's stronger she welcomes more physical contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom