Maya gets 30 again and a win | The Boneyard

Maya gets 30 again and a win

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That's 4 straight games with 30+ points, a new WNBA record. She's averaging 33.8 ppg.

Her former roomie had 24 and 14.

Former Husky FT shooting tonight:

Tina 6-6

Sue 4-4

Maya 3-3

Bria 2-2

Stef 2-2

Tiffany 1-2

Elena 9-9 :)

I give the credit to Olde Coach.

Last edited:

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
The idea of having Maya and Elena on the same team... SO can't wait to go to Turkey!!!!

Reaction Score
That's 4 straight games with 30+ points, a new WNBA record. She's averaging 33.8 ppg.

Her former roomie had 24 and 14.

Former Husky FT shooting tonight:

Tina 6-6

Sue 4-4

Maya 3-3

Bria 2-2

Stef 2-2

Tiffany 1-2

Elena 9-9 :)

I give the credit to Olde Coach.

Tiffany's miss came when she tripped over the foul line and fell to the floor while shooting her foul shot.:):confused:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The idea of having Maya and Elena on the same team... SO can't wait to go to Turkey!!!!
Agreed! I think they both are locks.

UConn missed out on Elena, but Katie Lou's game seems similar. 54% from the arc and almost 95% from the line are unreal.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maya survived a head butt with Seimone and several stitches to get her team the win. Simply Jordanesque.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
MilfordHusky said:
Maya survived a head butt with Seimone and several stitches to get her team the win. Simply Jordanesque.
Maybe she'll do the ultimate homage and give us another "flu game" in the playoffs, in which she scores 40 :)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Maybe she'll do the ultimate homage and give us another "flu game" in the playoffs, in which she scores 40 :)
BTW Ive been looking for clean pic of your profile pic to get it poster-sized

Reaction Score

That was scary. I was actually screaming at Maya for being overly aggressive. but, that's just the way she always is.
She has also shown a tendancy to commit some silly/totally unnecessary turnovers. It might have been the game before this one, she was poised to catch a bounce pass, she hopped up on her feet and the ball went out of bounds off of her foot, maybe even both feet. She's had others just as puzzling.

Reaction Score
The sad part in all of this, Maya is getting very little press. I mean how often is ESPN showing highlights of a WNBA game? Here in Minnesota, she barely gets a 3 minute shout out. Heck the Lynx barely get any love on sports radio. A few fans call in ( yep I call in once or twice a week) to give some insight on the Lynx and WNBA, only to get the usual "You watch the WNBA?" Or "What is the WNBA?" So frustrating to see such talent in our league not get the respect they deserve. But props for Maya for doing her thing and making the Lynx the best team in the state of Minnesota!!!!

Reaction Score
The sad part in all of this, Maya is getting very little press. I mean how often is ESPN showing highlights of a WNBA game? Here in Minnesota, she barely gets a 3 minute shout out. Heck the Lynx barely get any love on sports radio. A few fans call in ( yep I call in once or twice a week) to give some insight on the Lynx and WNBA, only to get the usual "You watch the WNBA?" Or "What is the WNBA?" So frustrating to see such talent in our league not get the respect they deserve. But props for Maya for doing her thing and making the Lynx the best team in the state of Minnesota!!!!

I was thinking of calling in to WFAN/NEW York and asking about the WNBA. I bet the hosts wouldn't know anything about it. You can tune in via internet radio and they have an 866 number. Maybe you could try calling in to that station and get some convo started about it. The best shows are in the afternoon and at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom