Maya -- down the road | The Boneyard

Maya -- down the road

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
We often speculate about other active UCONN alums like Sue and DT when it comes to post-career moves. Sue definitely seems like a future coach, probably sooner rather than later. DT was definitely a question mark in the past but lately I see it as more of a possibility.

What about Maya?

While acknowledging that Maya could succeed at just about anything she put her mind to, I don't see her as a likely coaching candidate after her playing days are over--at least for quite a while. Maybe when she's older and has done other things first. I think her individualized major was geared toward sports marketing or broadcasting, so I could definitely see her working in front of the cameras, in a front office, or possibly working for a pro league in marketing. Or maybe Nike? Keep in mind that she is building an excellent brand for herself in China (I don't mean that she would take up residence there). She could have an impact in growing the game internationally. And then there's politics . . . [Maya for Prez in 2032!] :D

She surely has a long basketball career still in front of her - she is just now entering her prime years. After that, the world will surely be her oyster. It will be really interesting to see what she does down the road. Whatever it is, I'll be watching.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Probably broadcasting, team president, and then NBA Commissioner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom