Matt Harvey | The Boneyard

Matt Harvey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He's a beast. As a Mets fan, he's pretty much the only reason to watch my team nowadays.
I'm really hoping he earns the all-star start at Citifield this year.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Agree. No hitter through 4 as I write. However, we have worst hitting OF in MLB. we are scoreless too

Reaction Score
Hate seeing the perfect game broken up on a slow roller, he is an unbelievable pitcher. I can't find a single weakness with him, unfortunately his team absolutely sucks. He has to pitch nearly perfectly every time out to get the win, which he has done.

Alum86

Reaction Score
Welcome to New York Mets Baseball Matt Harvey. 9IP 1H 0R. Awesome game. Your ass team coul not back you up and you leave with a ND.
3d no decision in a row, though you pitched well enough to win tonight and at least one of the others. Sandy Alderson, get us a outfielder who can produce RBIs?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Welcome to New York Mets Baseball Matt Harvey. 9IP 1H 0R. Awesome game. Your ty ass team coul not back you up and you leave with a ND.
3d no decision in a row, though you pitched well enough to win tonight and at least one of the others. Sandy Alderson, get us a outfielder who can produce RBIs?

Don't forget 12 Ks.

Hope he keeps this up and gets the all-star start at Citi.

Reaction Score
Harvey is a must watch. Everything else about the Mets is unwatchable.

Alum86

Reaction Score
Agree Noey. Buck has been a pleasant surprise and he is very Carter-ish. Harvey is Seaverish. The rest is a horror show, sans maybe Wright

Reaction Score
I've been waiting to see if guys like Ike, Murphy, and Duda, could develop into part of a core of contending team in the near future. Just not seeing it with these guys. Those three along with Wright would have to be the core of the line up and again I'm not seeing it. Bring up Zac Wheeler.

Reaction Score
Hate seeing the perfect game broken up on a slow roller, he is an unbelievable pitcher. I can't find a single weakness with him, unfortunately his team absolutely sucks. He has to pitch nearly perfectly every time out to get the win, which he has done.

You have to think about it this way. Mets fans had high hopes for Harvey, but this is nowhere near what we thought could happen at this point. Getting rid of Dickey, Santana being hurt, this year was a throwaway year to continue getting the minors and the payroll in shape. So, yes.....the team sucks. But they were supposed to suck and now they just suck with a potential franchise type pitcher on the mound every 5th day.

If Wheeler can come up in the next month and show he's the real deal, Niese continues to develop....you'll see the Mets start making bigger moves.

Reaction Score
You have to think about it this way. Mets fans had high hopes for Harvey, but this is nowhere near what we thought could happen at this point. Getting rid of Dickey, Santana being hurt, this year was a throwaway year to continue getting the minors and the payroll in shape. So, yes.....the team sucks. But they were supposed to suck and now they just suck with a potential franchise type pitcher on the mound every 5th day.
Harvey isn't a potential franchise pitcher, he's the best pitcher in baseball.
If Wheeler can come up in the next month and show he's the real deal, Niese continues to develop....you'll see the Mets start making bigger moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom