Massive Shout out to Holly Rowe | The Boneyard

Massive Shout out to Holly Rowe

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I wanted to give a massive shout out to Holly Rowe and the players for her half-time and post game interviews during this tournament some of which have been absolutely tear jerking. Although all the players are clearly exhausted they remain poised thoughtful and represent the sport, the universities and families in an absolutely fabulous way. The players are remarkably comfortable with Holly . Holly's interview with Jordan Nixon was arguably the best but equally good were her interviews with Kianna Williams, Ari McDonald, & Aliyah Boston. If you can get through the Jordan interview without shedding a tear please check your pulse.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like HR but I do not like interviewing players at halftime. What do you want a player to tell us at halftime? Oh Holly we just suck? Oh Holly we just kicked butt? If you watched the game you know which team did what. Give the kids a break.

Reaction Score
I like HR but I do not like interviewing players at halftime. What do you want a player to tell us at halftime? Oh Holly we just suck? Oh Holly we just kicked butt? If you watched the game you know which team did what. Give the kids a break.
Usually they say why something they did in the first half worked and what they need to do better in the second. That gives me something to look for as I continue to watch the game.

Reaction Score
They're young adults that play Division 1 basketball who are the players that sell the game to the fans.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Also it's massive exposure for a college student, I personallly don't like it, but as Paige said "it was such an honor to be interviewd by Holly Rowe". I think the players take it very positively.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Holly is a major plus for the sport. She’s the best. But, I’d be ok with eliminating the halftime interviews. I don’t like them.
I believe this is a contractual issue with the games being on ESPN to promote the game, not really Holly's choice or decision. In other words, don't shoot the messenger...

It was stated many a time on comments from ESPN articles how well liked Holly is within the network and what positive energy she brings to all her peers. She's definitely been a champion for all the high profile Women's sports on ESPN-WCBB, WNBA and NCAA Softball.

I politely tip my cap to Ms. Holly Rowe
arizona diamondbacks bradley GIF by MLB

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I don't think either the players or coaches have a choice, per NCAA policy. I dislike when they drag the players from a losing team, especially in a heartbreaking loss, into the post game presser and expect much of anything. I am amazed and respect those players who gut it out anyway.

Reaction Score
The best ever Holly Rowe interview was with Geno Auriemma late in the second half of the national championship game against Louisville (must have been 2013). Geno went on a rant about Connecticut turning the ball over (despite being ahead 19 points), and Holly played the straight woman perfectly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom