Maryland Starting QB Out for Season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Maryland Starting QB Out for Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow. First UMass and now UM. Only nine more schools and QB's to go. Seriously, I am sorry for the kid personally but am not upset from a team point of view. How's the back up?

Reaction Score
They have two true freshman who will be competing, but after 2 of our last 3 games against Rutgers I'm not taking anything for granted in regards to true freshman QBs

Reaction Score
They have two true freshman who will be competing, but after 2 of our last 3 games against Rutgers I'm not taking anything for granted in regards to true freshman QBs
I was thinking the same thing matt

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Saw it break on Twitter a little while ago. CJ Brown hurt his ACL last night and is out for the year. Never like to see an injury to any player for sure. Maryland has to be reeling right now - I can't imagine what their regular season will look like now.

Of course, this has an impact on our game with MD. No mercy then but you have got to feel for the guys that are still on this team. All six of them.
Kid was built like Nebrich same style,good arm and great ability to escape and run, RE had great expectations for him fitting in.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think I read it before, but it's hard to keep up with all the ramblings (at least one's that are interesting and relevant to UConn football) on this board sometimes. Not complaining, just commenting.

I'd like to face either UMass or Maryland at full strength so they don't have excuses. Basically, I was trying to equate the 2012 Maryland squad to UMass as an opponent both should be wins for us, regardless of their personel issues.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'd like to face either UMass or Maryland at full strength so they don't have excuses. Basically, I was trying to equate the 2012 Maryland squad to UMass as an opponent both should be wins for us, regardless of their personel issues.

I don't wish any harm on anyone playing the game, but I just want for us to win the games. I don't care what excuse any other team would make, as if we don't have injuries of our own. And keep in mind, the coaches poll votes teams up or down based on wins and losses, primarily because coaches can't be bothered with watching the games...

Reaction Score
Randy will definitely try to get the QB to minimize mistakes and try to let his defense goad UConn into losing the game. We know the strategy all too well...and honestly, it may work.

If we "execute", we win.

Reaction Score
Tough to lose a QB that completes 49% of his passes and averages 4.5 yards per attempt.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing the over/under for Maryland wins this year is now 3. Do they win more then 3 or less then 3? 1 win is not out of the question. Imagine if they were playing Townson week 1.

I'm pretty sure Don Brown will be calling up a few blitzes on 9/15.

Sept. 1 WILLIAM & MARY
Sept. 8 at Temple
Sept. 15 CONNECTICUT
Sept. 22 at West Virginia
Sept. 29 OPEN
Oct. 6 WAKE FOREST
Oct. 13 at Virginia
Oct. 20 NC STATE
Oct. 27 at Boston College
Nov. 3 GEORGIA TECH
Nov. 10 at Clemson
Nov. 17 FLORIDA STATE
Nov. 24 at North Carolina

pj

Reaction Score
I see three wins there - W&M, Temple, BC. Maybe Wake at home.

Reaction Score
They might win 3 games this year. I wonder if this kid's injury gives Anderson an excuse not to fire him after the year.

But honestly, I just want to win the game on 9/15.

Reaction Score
Tough to lose a QB that completes 49% of his passes and averages 4.5 yards per attempt.

CJ Brown had a lot of potential, but people seem to forget he wasn't especially good last year. He is a great running qb, but his passing leaves a lot to be desired.

Obviously playing a true frosh is never a good idea, that offense is going to struggle.

The defense, though, is going to be really good. I think it will be a defensive battle. Hope we come out on top.

Reaction Score
They might win 3 games this year. I wonder if this kid's injury gives Anderson an excuse not to fire him after the year.

But honestly, I just want to win the game on 9/15.

As I have said in the Coach P dissapointment thread, a coach should be given 4 years to prove his worth. At that point his recruits will be upperclassmen. Maryland knew what they were getting with Coach Edsall. A coach who ran a tight ship, completely opposite of Fridge (and I loved Fridge. When I went to Maryland, Mark Duffner was patrolling the sidelines. He breathed new life into that program). Things that Fridge let go, Edsall didn't. Players who Coach Fridgein recruited didn't like the way Randy Edsall ran the show. So many left. How Maryland couldn't expect that boggles my mind. (and O'Brien hardly acted like a leader of that team).

Reaction Score
Haha I would take Maryland OVER 3 wins in a heartbeat. Wish that was a real line. Pretty sure they were 4.5 pre-injury, would like to see 3.5 come out now and would take the over.

Reaction Score
Haha I would take Maryland OVER 3 wins in a heartbeat. Wish that was a real line. Pretty sure they were 4.5 pre-injury, would like to see 3.5 come out now and would take the over.

Have you seen their O line, 2 or 3 key players left, and there is no depth.

Freshman QB, plus a weak line, plus RE = a long season

Reaction Score
Have you seen their O line, 2 or 3 key players left, and there is no depth.

Freshman QB, plus a weak line, plus RE = a long season

Plus RE? The Re who won two BE championships at UCONN?

That D is going to have to carry them. If Tate can come back at 100 %, he will be a beast in the 3-4, and they have a preseason All American on the DL in Vallano. But they really need a rb to have a huge year, because a frosh qb is going to have some serious struggles.

Reaction Score
Edsall either got permission from the AD to revamp that program and live with the consequences for 2-3 seasons or he decided on his own to take that drastic step. If it's the latter, I think there's a good chance he does not make it to the 2013 season. For the life of me I can't figure out why he had to turnover that many kids.

Reaction Score
Gene Wang@gene_wang
Told #Terps QB CJ Brown is done for season with knee injury. Stay tuned.

Gene Wang@gene_wang
Apparently CJ Brown injury took place last night in non-contact drill. @umterps Coach Randy Esdall to address this afternoon. #Terps

Oh crap I just made another Edsall thread...

Gene Wang@gene_wang
@dcsportsbog #Terps news release confirms torn ACL. Done for season.

Would a Supreme Being punish someone as insignificant, in the overall scheme, as a football coach?

Reaction Score
If this leads to us winning in College Park on 9/15, too bad for the young man but good. But after some of the OOC games we lost last year I'm counting no Terrapins (does turtle taste like chicken?) until they hatch. And we have two games to win first.i

Reaction Score
If this leads to us winning in College Park on 9/15, too bad for the young man but good. But after some of the OOC games we lost last year I'm counting no Terrapins (does turtle taste like chicken?) until they hatch. And we have two games to win first.i

Psssstttt.....Spacker REALLY wants you to read his thread on primetime TV (don't tell him I told you).......

Reaction Score
Psssstttt.....Spacker REALLY wants you to read his thread on primetime TV (don't tell him I told you).......

I'm not boycotting Carl. But work is crazy, I'm trying to get out on vacation and if I get time on this board I need to continue on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom