Maryland Starting PG OUT | The Boneyard

Maryland Starting PG OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Tough break for them, but obviously good news for us. Should make it easier to pick up the win. He will miss the rest of Maryland's easier part of the schedule where they can make do without him. When he comes back hopefully they can do a little damage in the ACC.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Lose-lose. Now if Maryland beats us, we'll (rightfully so) get ridiculed for losing to a mediocre team without their starting PG. And if we win, we won't get any credit for the same reason.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Lose-lose. Now if Maryland beats us, we'll (rightfully so) get ridiculed for losing to a mediocre team without their starting PG. And if we win, we won't get any credit for the same reason.

We don't need the credit in November, we need it in March.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
We don't need the credit in November, we need it in March.

I agree, but I don't think the win will look any better in November. We'll still hear that they didn't have their starting PG.

Reaction Score
I agree, but I don't think the win will look any better in November. We'll still hear that they didn't have their starting PG.

I don't think people pay that much attention.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It's not that big a deal, but I'd definitely prefer if he were healthy.

Reaction Score
No way this is good news. I always want the best point guards on the floor against ours. This season I expect Bazz and Boat to annihilate all opposing PGs, they have no fear.

We are UConn dammit!!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Would prefer playing against the team full strength. UConn still has to win and teams frequently rally when a key player is injured. Just hope UConn players don't take this injury and reduce their intensity. Injuries are part of the game. UConn last season had SN with the shoulder and foot, RB with the knee sprain and the late season injuries to TO, NG and OC.

If the loss of the Allen does allow UConn to get a big lead, then UConn can work on things they are weak at. In other words every negative can be turned into a positive!

Reaction Score
Under JC we were slow starters. I'd like this year's team to get a good start and build confidence from the beginning. A win over Maryland is a good win either way.

We've won a lot of big games short handed and so can they. It will be a tough game, starting pg or not.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
No way this is good news. I always want the best point guards on the floor against ours. This season I expect Bazz and Boat to annihilate all opposing PGs, they have no fear.

We are UConn dammit!!

I don't know, I'm fully expecting to hang a big number on them without their starting point guard. I think it makes it more likely to be a statement type final score which will get people paying attention real quick like. The subscript of UMD not having their point guard will be around the story, but there's no such thing as bad press. It will lead to some raised eyebrows for us too. Especially when we beat them on the glass.

Reaction Score

We are UConn dammit!!
I agree- no more BE- we need to play the best quality teams possible OOC. But I also agree that no one remembers that the starting PG was out if we get the W when they are looking at records NCAA seeding time.

I'd rather play a team at full strength any day (unless it is Pitt, Quse, Dook or Gtown- in which case I hope the team has a mild herpes outbreak).

Reaction Score

Not very good analysis. This should help us in November and also in March.

It helps us in November because they have an important piece missing.

It helps us in March because after his return they should improve and it will enhance their (and our) computer ranking.

Reaction Score
I have a friend who went to Maryland, and currently works at the university. Talking to him earlier in the week, Maryland fans were feeling good about the matchup. They felt like their guards could actually matchup with ours, and although they don't consider their froncourt a strength, they felt at worst it was even with UConns. This injury obviously hurts them.

I disagree with the notion that the injury hurts UConn. I don't root for injuries, but they happen. Look at us last year, or the year Dyson got hurt. We need to take advantage. Maryland is a good test as a first game. Most sites had them as a top 5 or 6 team in the ACC this year, and a tournament team. A win in November against them looks good either way. The RPI won't factor in his injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom